PDA

View Full Version : Oil / Grease all over my center bag.

Skulls
06-30-2010, 02:39 PM
I have a 08 20SSV Launch and this will be my second summer taking her out. Lately every time I get home from the lake the center bag will be covered in oil or grease. I have cleaned the bag several times and this last time I just pulled it out and hung it over one of the guide poles. I now have a baseball sized black oil stain on my garage floor where the bag is hanging.

The only changes made to her since last summer is I replaced the Sub and remounted the amp on the driver’s side kick panel. She was also winterized and then made lake ready for the summer, which was done by the dealer.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there anything running through the driver’s side kick panel that I could have hit with a screw while swapping out the sub or remounting the amp?

warek1814
06-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Reach under the v-drive and wipe the v-drive pan with your hand and see if you get oil. Mine has done this same thing I'm on my third v-drive. They replace the whole v-drive under warranty instead of replacing just the seal. Mine has always been the out put shaft seal on the v-drive.

Skulls
07-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Thanks. I'll take a look at it.

jzelt
07-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Also, if you have any water below the v-drive, I notice the low point when the boat is on the trailer is the ski locker on ours, so all the water from the bilge ends up there.

Any oil that dripped into the bilge from oil changes/filter (though there shouldn't be any) would probably flow up to there.

We take a shop vac and then towel it dry. (Hate water in the boat). We shouldn't be getting but a few drips from the packing nut in the boat now.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?p=39624#post39624