PDA

View Full Version : Rack weight limit?

Number45
07-01-2010, 09:40 AM
I have a 05 22ssv launch. I have tried pulling the tubes on the ski pylon but the ropes drag in the water and go through the wake ending up spraying the kids in the face. We moved the ropes upto the rack. The Kids like it much better. We have been pulling upto 4 tubes. I have checked the rack and didn't see any stress cracks or looseness on the rack mounts. Wonder if there any type of weight limit on the rack for pulling?

Thanks

Diggs
07-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I would not be doing that. The supra tower is very strong, but no tower is built for that stress. Needless to say they will not warranty any stress cracks or tower damage from that. I would keep the rope on the ski pylon if I were you. Especially with 2,3 or 4 tubes.......

jzelt
07-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't do it and it definitely isn't for towing tubes.

With that said, if you aren't wiping a lot of weight around (kids probably don't exert as much as 215lb person + tube + water resistance), there probably isn't much problem with 1.

Now 4...it's your boat...

tre
07-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I would not worry about it. I am sure that I stress the tower much more when I cut hard on my wakeboard than a couple small childreen on a tube ever would. You could also use a non-stretch wakeboard rope and that may eliminate the issue of the rope dragging. I assume by "rack" you mean tower. If you are actually using a board rack to pull tubes, I would never do that in a million years.

SupraTamu
07-08-2010, 08:45 AM
There is an item called a sports stuff booster ball at Overton's that keeps the ropes from hitting the water and spraying.