PDA

View Full Version : Dialing in my wake on my '08 22

Fman
07-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Just got back from another great day on the water today, had some great wakeboard runs today.... and I was able to get my wakeboarding wake dialed in the best it has ever been. Here was my recipe for a very clean wake.... clearing the wake was not a problem.

PP Pro 22MPH @ 65'
Fill front bag only (mine is the 400 lb center bag)
NO rear ski locker bags filled
Wakeplate was at 25% down

I had 6 people on the boat in the morning/afternoon, then only three for the later evening and the wake was still dialed in nicely.

I have always had problems with whitewashing on the port side at this speed, it was totaly cleaned up on both sides with this setup. Just thought I would pass it along for someone who might be looking to try something different. It was also nice not to have to pay for extra fuel with the addition 800-1200 lbs of ski locker bags I have been filling in the past. Not to mention the extra time to fill/drain them which was not necessary.

KG's Supra24
07-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I have started switching to this recipe as well. I load the front and leave the rears either empty or near empty. I may add a bit to one side or the other to level the boat depending on the number of people and where they are sitting. The Supra's def love the weight up front.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-02-2010, 02:59 PM
How is the size though??

thescott
07-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I do like the wake on my 08 better with a little more weight in the front than the rear. It gives the wake a little better transition - more rampy, less vertical. We used to just fill the front and liked the shape of the wake better. As we progressed, we started running the ballast full most of the time. To get the sweet transition back, I picked up a couple 125# Sumo Sacs and put them up front. They fit perfect under the side cushion up in the play pen bow. I'd actually like just a tad more weight up there - in retrospect I should have grabbed the 250# sacs. But it's a pretty nice wake now. I'll probably get one 250# sac to run on top of the floor panel we made to cover the center sac at some point.
Right now when I ride-
900 up front
800 rear
Wake plate 50%
Rope length at 70'
Speed 23.2 according to Mr. PP

Most of the rest of the people I ride with (mainly my fam) run a little slower at 60-65' with the rear sacs mostly empty and the front near full.

Fman
07-03-2010, 07:58 PM
With just the 400 lb center filled, I thought the wake was quite nice in size, very similar to the X-15 I rode behind a couple weeks ago. Granted, 65' is much different than riding 70-75' which helps clear the wake easier when you at shorter distances. I am an intermediate rider, this wake was plenty to clear the wake and flip the board in the air. Nobody on my boat is an advanced/expert rider pulling flips, if we ever get to this point I am sure more weight will be used.

venom93corba
07-04-2010, 12:09 AM
I just got mine (2k9 21V) dialed in as well. We actually did the same thing, we filled our front bag (650) about half way.

jdub667
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I usually just fill the front as well and i dont get the white wash either. same on the pp 22 but about 50% on the plate.
PS dont try and load your boats with the front sack full its a bitch.

Fman
07-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Seems like all Supras like the bow weight, still was amazed how nice the wake was without the rears filled at all.

cigars n scotch
07-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm still fiddling with dialiing in my wake so I'll try this out this weekend. I have a 650# center lock bag with twin 400# bags in the rear lockers, and when all filled and setting the plate at 50% I was getting some whitewash on the port side. We didn't have many people on the boat though as all of our friends have their own boats so it's always a chore trying to fight for thirds or more.

Fman
07-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Heres a couple pics I took today, 400 lb center filled all the way, no rears filled, 22 MPH, wakeplate at 1/4 down. I am riding this at 65', only three people total in the boat. For riding I really like it, nice and clean on both sides, plenty of wake for me.... and as I mentioned earlier, really nice not having to fill the rears up or drain them other than for surfing.

What do you guys think?

mighty
07-07-2010, 01:41 AM
We have also got our (2k9 21V) dialed. We followed the same pattern as well.