PDA

View Full Version : Adaptunes

KG's Supra24
07-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Has anyone tried this? It is an app that controls the volume based on your speed. At $.99 it comes in a little cheaper than the HSE.

I plan on trying it this weekend and will note my results. Just wondering if anyone else is using it?

ScottnAz
07-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Despite the fact I have the HSE, my curiosity was peaked when I read about this app on WW. From reading the description of the app, it seems you need to have cell service in order for it to work?

Although Adaptunes works on iPhone 2G, be warned that you need a very strong cell tower signal in order to have location accuracy high enough for Adaptunes to work properly. Without a stron signal, speed-based volume control is unavailable.
So, my question, is that clause strictly for the 2G? I've got the 3GS iPhone, but, terrible to non-existent cell coverage on the lake. Does the 2G not have GPS capabilities, and therefore needs to ping a cell tower?

alphaacid
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Adaptunes just needs a good cell signal on the original iPhone because it doesn't have a GPS chip, as you assumed. The iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4 all work without a cell signal just fine.

I'm actually the developer of this app, if you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them.

KG's Supra24
07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Does this application exist under andriod based phones?

I am finally getting rid of ATT and the iPhone Thursday!!!!!!!! Thank god.

tg0824SSVGG
07-14-2010, 08:00 AM
AlphaAcid,

a few questions:

* I am assuming this only works out the headphone jack, or are you somehow modulating the signal out the bottom (which is how I have mine hooked into the boat)?

* It's not obvious how you adjust the set points (at least to me) -- could you clarify, or call me a dumba$$ and tell me where it's documented?

* do you have plans to allow other "players" to be used, like Pandora, or just the stored-on-the-device files?

Thanks,
Todd

87SunSportMikeyD
07-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Also it has been documented that in using the headphone jack causes the eq to distort and can damage speakers. We ONLY use the dataport.

bjeremi
07-20-2010, 11:38 PM
does this work with an ipad touch? On the website it says it does but I don't see how it would without a GPS thingy.

sidetracked3
07-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Also it has been documented that in using the headphone jack causes the eq to distort and can damage speakers. We ONLY use the dataport.

Is this true??? B/C that is what I use and my sub seems to be blown now. It has a rattle to it on some songs and I have my bass turned all the way down. I am wondering if there is an adjustment on the amp or something I can use to turn it down even more.

KG's Supra24
07-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Make sure the settings on your player are set to flat.i just got New phone and it was set tobass boost out of the box and sounded like crap when I plugged it into a stereo.

As cheap as the rca cord is make sure you get a quality one.check out monoprice.com for cheap cables of any kind!

sidetracked3
07-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I use the new Iphone4 and I dont see anywhere that it has a bass boost. But I probably need a better adapter.

sidetracked3
07-21-2010, 05:46 PM
And where can I find cables that are about 10 feet long at?

KG's Supra24
07-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Same place.they have long cables.

KG's Supra24
07-21-2010, 07:09 PM
There is an equalizer on there somewhere

You might be holding it wrong or maybe you need a case.:)

bjeremi
07-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Used this this weekend on my Buddie's Iphone and it was amazing! So sweet and it's only $.99. Only problem is I don't have an Iphone and I'm locked into sprint. If someone on here can get it to work on there iphone in airplane mode please let me know. I will buy and used iphone somewhere and just not activate if I can get it to work. I lost my ipod last week and need to replace it anyway.