PDA

View Full Version : Seadeck platform

Fman
07-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Does anyone here have the seadeck on there swim platform? and more importantly how is it holding up and does it get as HOT as the OEM SC used on the platforms? I noticed on the hot summer days my platform is roasting to the point of burning my feet, was curious if the seadeck helps cut down on this? considering ordering one sooner than later if it helps with the heat.

KG's Supra24
07-02-2010, 12:01 PM
I noticed on the hot summer days my platform is roasting to the point of burning my feet, was curious if the seadeck helps cut down on this? considering ordering one sooner than later if it helps with the heat.

Sounds like you need more ballast in the rear lockers. :) It might be time together another group buy on this if you receive good answers. I was planning on waiting until winter but may do it earlier.

Ed G
07-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I've had Seadek on all my boats and Skiers Choice sent me a Seadek pad to test for them.

Much better than the stock pad, and much nicer to climb up on.

The latest Seadek has been on my boat now for about 8 months. The boat is always kept outdoors and the swim deck is constantly exposed to the florida sun.

No fading or chalking of the Seadek. Still in the same condition as when I received it.

Mine is a light grey in color, and yes it does get hot, but nothing like the stock black rubber pad.

foxriverat
07-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I would be in on a group buy. Was planning on replacing mine also.

Squeeg333
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
I'd have to agree with Ed. I love the seadek I slapped on my Moomba. It's white on top with black underneath. So, the letters are black, pad is white. It stays cool, as you would expect from white. But it's awesome to climb on and is super comfy. A must have addition to any boat that does not have it!

Fman
07-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Ok, so lets get a group buy going.... I wonder how many orders we would need to recieve a discount? anyone know?

ssmith
07-02-2010, 02:54 PM
I got mine from Jim at Viper Customs. It would be worth calling and talking to him. He gave me a price of $189 and told me I could share the price on the forums. No group buy needed for that price. Here is a pic....

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/scotties2006/Boating/SU1HMDAxNDYtMjAxMDA0MTMtMTMxNS5qcGc.jpg

nani
07-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Scottie that looks great. Was it hard to get the old surface off? Mine is really starting to get black stuff on everything.

Fman
07-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Just tried to call Jim and his mailbox is full, will try email. I have had problems trying to purchase items from him.... it was taking over a month to get an order recieved. $189 is a good price, but if I dont get it until winter it would be a bummer.

ssmith
07-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Just tried to call Jim and his mailbox is full, will try email. I have had problems trying to purchase items from him.... it was taking over a month to get an order recieved. $189 is a good price, but if I dont get it until winter it would be a bummer.
Yes, I completely understand. I've had similar problems at times. I was reluctant to throw his name out there but he is a good guy and more importantly its a good price. I had the best luck calling him early morning or late evening (He's on EST). He usually clears his phone in the evening so he can take voice mails and will get back to you soon after that. Also, once placing an order...stay on it. Don't trust that its being taken care of. I'd call at least 2 or 3 times to check on the status. I know this isn't how it should be but it's how it goes. Anyways...good price but only if you can get it when you want it. Good luck.

I love my Seadek. One of the best upgrades I've done. It's very soft on the feet and knees and really is much cooler (temp) , IMO.

Nani, Jim was doing some other work for me so he installed it. Luckily I didn't have to mess with it at all. I've heard it can be a big pain to get the old stuff off.

Fman
07-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Called seadek today and found out we would need 10 orders placed to recieve a 20% discount, but they are not sure if they are going to continue the program. Apparently it has been more trouble than its worth. And come to find out, the black matte/black Supra logo they will not warranty from fading or shrinkage???? This is probably the only color that I would order from them, they are sending me a color swathe to see what else might work. I was a little disappointed when they told me they would not honor the 36 mo. warranty if I went with black/black. Will have to see what other colors they send me that might work with my boat, and it takes at least 4 weeks to recieve one.

Razzman
07-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Worth every penny, unless you want black/black. It doesn't matter what it's made of black is hot and it will still be hot enough to burn your feet in the central cali summers. I went cool gray/black and after two seasons it's holding up as new.

Sluggo
07-03-2010, 01:08 AM
I have the storm gray on black that I got from Jim. It only took a couple weeks to get but I believe he had it in stock. I agree that it is a huge improvement over the original and well worth the money even if I have to replace it every two years or so. I did the install myself and the old stuff came off a lot easier than I thought it would. Used a putty knife to get it started and on a warm 80 plus humid day, I could peal the rest off by hand. I took some goo gone to the remaining glue that was left and then alcohol, then peel and stick. Only been on the water 3-4 times with it, so time will tell, but so far so good. And best of all, NO BLACK FOOT PRINTS, YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

jonyb
07-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Aside from "Jim the Supra parts god" that can't ship anything on time, where else can these be bought? After 2 years, my black rubber on the swim platform has faded and shrunk. When I bought my boat I sure did think that most of the parts would last longer than a couple years considering I pamper it and never leave it outside other than when it's used. Looks like this may be the next modification....

foxriverat
07-03-2010, 12:37 PM
You can order from seadek http://seadek.com/ I have a 96 comp. Only need 2 of the 18 x 38 pieces for my deck. And then I would have to cut to fit. I imagine much easier to get than the newer ones. With the custom Supra logo.

Fman
07-03-2010, 01:52 PM
When I get the color swathes it will help me choose a color that matches my boat. I am hoping they have something to match my boat color which is unique (fossil, black and tan).

After almost 200 hours of water time, my current swim platform pad is still in good condition, and does not leave any black marks on my upholstry. I just like how the seadek offers a little more padding and comfort.

Fman
07-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Aside from "Jim the Supra parts god" that can't ship anything on time, where else can these be bought? After 2 years, my black rubber on the swim platform has faded and shrunk. When I bought my boat I sure did think that most of the parts would last longer than a couple years considering I pamper it and never leave it outside other than when it's used. Looks like this may be the next modification....

I heard in '08 they went to a different platform cover which eliminated this problem along with the black marks. So far on my '08, no shrinkage or black marks being transferred to vinyl.

Ed G
07-04-2010, 07:23 AM
It didn't help. Had the black soot transfering to my interior after 6 months on my 09.

Never an issue with the Seadek

jonyb
07-04-2010, 10:06 AM
I heard in '08 they went to a different platform cover which eliminated this problem along with the black marks. So far on my '08, no shrinkage or black marks being transferred to vinyl.

Of course, everything changed after I bought my boat. Brilliant!

Fman
07-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Of course, everything changed after I bought my boat. Brilliant!

Hmmm... guess everyone is in those shoes, thats how they keep getting folks to upgrade to a more current year! ('09-better ballast fill/swivel racks from '08). Will be interesting to see whats in store for 2011.... any rumors?

Fman
07-04-2010, 11:11 AM
It didn't help. Had the black soot transfering to my interior after 6 months on my 09.

Never an issue with the Seadek

Ed,

I must have gotten lucky, never had any black marks on my interior after 200 hours of use, I do wipe it down with Babes seat saver every other time out, maybe this is why?

Ed G
07-04-2010, 01:07 PM
That's exactlly why you don't have the black residue transfer, because you clean it.

Few months back, I received a detailed note from Matt Brown, Designer/Engineer at Skiers Choice, telling me what was going on with the pads.

I forget what the exact reason was, but it had to do with residue getting on the pad and it was not due to the composition of the pad.

He said that the only way to keep the black marks from transferring to the inside of the boat was to scrub the pad every two weeks minimum - and that most boat owners weren't going to do that.

Things are going to improve with the 2011 boats

Sluggo
07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I concur that when I scrubed the pad, and I mean scrub with a firm bristle brush and a fair amount of elbow grease, it would prevent the pad from producing black marks. But after a few times out, they would be back. So my question is if I remove the residue from the pad, and I am only out in the water for a couple of hours a couple of times how do I get residue on the pad that just happens to be black? I would suggest it would have to be coming from the material of the pad and that scrubing it down would remove the loose material and after time or contact with water the pad material becomes loose again. Either way, I have had this new pad on for several times out and no residue. I guess time will tell if this pad will last and/or transfer color to the boat. It is so squishy that I am afraid a board is going to catch an edge and slice it or take a chunk out. I have had boards on edge while under their own weight with no problems, but it probably won't be long before someone drops one or leans on one. Or the infamous sits on it with a screw driver in their back pocket, lol.