PDA

View Full Version : Best trailerable cover?

darryl1860
07-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Looking for some recommendations on the best trailerable boat cover for my 07 GG. Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

canadianpride
07-04-2010, 12:27 PM
I just got a cover custom made from evolution covers and it is great. it fits wicked and the workmanship seems to be good, here is a couple shots of it!
You can have on for travel, or when moored in the water!

cigars n scotch
07-09-2010, 11:25 PM
I just got a cover custom made from evolution covers and it is great. it fits wicked and the workmanship seems to be good, here is a couple shots of it!
You can have on for travel, or when moored in the water!

That is a nice cover for sure! I too am in need of a storage cover. I would check out Custom Covers (http://www.sewlong.com) out of Salt Lake City as well, they do a lot of work for one of the largest Supra dealers in the states, Marine Products. I got my boat from them, and my snap covers were made by them. Good workmanship as well. They generally like to have your boat to make a storage cover but Dave at Custom Covers said he could probably just work to get the measurements of the boat.

Another option.

Fman
07-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Looking for some recommendations on the best trailerable boat cover for my 07 GG. Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

My stock factory cover that came with my boat seems like a nice cover, have you looked into contacting your dealer to see if they can order you one? You could trailer with it, has the ratchet style tightener which works good.

Sluggo
07-10-2010, 03:39 PM
CanadianPride,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that cover set you back and what kind of material is it made of? Any warranty of any type? Did they make a pattern or save the dimensions so they could make more?

Thanks,

Dave

canadianpride
07-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Sluggo
|The cover set me back around 800.00, it comes with warranty both on material and on workmanship. It is made with sunbrella material that you can pick out of at least 20 colors, and he has patterens for most comp. boats.
Just give him a call he is wicked to deal with on the phone.
evolutioncovers.com

jason

LLewis
08-26-2010, 05:55 PM
I bought one from MightyCovers.com. The boat cover (http://www.mightycovers.com/Boat-Cover.htm) that I got there was a great fit and the service was excellent.

KY Steve
08-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Just had mine custom made this spring from a local canvas shop, very happy with it. I chose a fabric thats a little heavier than Sunbrella and has a poly coating on it so it 100% waterproof, tow at 80mph with no problems. They also used two ratchet tie down straps on each side that get it extra tight, the ratchets zip up in their own cover and are hidden so it wont scratch the boat, I highly recommend.

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/toolsail/Launch24/DSC04311_sm.jpg
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/toolsail/Launch24/DSC04304_sm.jpg

wotan2525
08-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Steve -- What did that cost you? The local quotes I've gotten are all in the $1200 - $200 range, which I refuse to pay!

KY Steve
08-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Steve -- What did that cost you? The local quotes I've gotten are all in the $1200 - $200 range, which I refuse to pay!

$850 cash.

Sluggo
08-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Steve, looks great. Are the two vents enough to allow moisture to escape or do you do other things to dry it out after a day on water before covering? If you don't think they would mind you posting their info, I would love to get a quote on a 2005 22 SSV. Did you have to leave your boat with them? If so, how long?

KY Steve
08-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Steve, looks great. Are the two vents enough to allow moisture to escape or do you do other things to dry it out after a day on water before covering? If you don't think they would mind you posting their info, I would love to get a quote on a 2005 22 SSV. Did you have to leave your boat with them? If so, how long?

My boat is stored indoors 99% of the time with the cover off, but the vents were put in for air circulation.

His name is Bob Ungren and he is located in IN just across the river from Louisville, his number is 812-989-0761. I did not leave the boat with him, he came to my house three times to measure and fit his patterns. He is a one man operation and not sure if he has the facility to store a boat. As with most good craftsman like him he is very busy and does great work, but takes care of the people first that are screaming the loudest.