PDA

View Full Version : Sold Old Got Newer

saltare inverts
07-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Sold my Saltare after I relisted it on onlyinboards in one day. Just brought this home from NC today. I am amped. It is a 04 SSV 22. Cant wait to modify it.

jaywidhalm
07-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Congrats...I am sure you will enjoy the upgrade!!

warek1814
07-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Nice upgrade! Post up pics of the mods you do.

DGREEN
07-06-2010, 01:49 AM
So that's why I saw ur boat on craigslist! Nice new boat! I liked ur old one too though.

wotan2525
07-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Awesome upgrade... congrats!

saltare inverts
07-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Thanks guys. Yea DGREEN I put it on craigs list and only inboards. Figured it would take awhile to sell if at all. Wasnt worried I liked the boat. Guy called next morning from tennessee asked about four questions and said he was on his way to buy her. I guess I had her too cheap. Either way im happy and he loves the boat. He just retired from the army with his second war injury. I wish I could have given it too him since he fought for our freedom and our ability to go boating.

sybrmike
07-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Congratulations on the new ride! She is sweet indeed.

New boat, new avatar - keepin' the Saltare Inverts moniker?

First upgrade - paint it that oh so unmistakable blue?

You did give it away, but no better home for your ole baby than a disabled vet.

saltare inverts
07-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Well I dont plan on painting this one. It shines like new. It was a one owner by a neat freak pilot. I am just going to pimp it with tower speakers, sub, leds, 26 inch rims and air bags. Well maybe 24's. I figure the air bags on the trailer will be nice upgrade. Back into the water, start boat and lower air bags boat will float right off trailer. Horah:rolleyes:

Sluggo
07-06-2010, 02:51 PM
I could see air bags being very useful for loading on steep ramps, but how do you keep your trailer from floating into the guys boat next to you at the ramp? I guess you could tie off a guide pole to the ramp dock if your ramp has docks. Most places I put in have docks to tie off on while loading/unloading and I usually do it all myself. Neat idea, but not really practical for me I guess.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-06-2010, 05:36 PM
DUUUUUDE!! Sad to see the classic go, but very excited for your upgrade! Keep it real! ;)

saltare inverts
07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Yea I had an upset stomach when old salty pulled away. The new owner called me three times and loves the boat. I am glad my hard work will be enjoyed.

saltare inverts
07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Sluggo I was kidding about airbags. I joke alot on here just to have fun. It would be cool to lay frame on a boat trailer but I dont have that kind of change or energy. It would be a neat dream If I win the lottery, but I dont play.

Okie Boarder
07-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Congrats...looks nice and a good story about who you sold it to. Make sure the new owner joins the group here.

saltare inverts
07-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh yea okie good idea. I will pass it along to him. A freind of his had a 86 saltare years ago and this gentleman fell in love with it. That is why he wanted one.

Sluggo
07-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Hehehe, yeah, after I replied, I was thinking that might be the case. But today at lunch I was at a sports bar with a deck that had water misters built into the outside rail that kept the air a good 10+ degrees cooler. What would it take to build those into a tower???

cigars n scotch
07-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Congratulation on the newer boat! Enjoy!

saltare inverts
07-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks for congrats everyone.. Slugger they have misting kits for boats. I cant remember where I saw them but they have them. May have been Overtons.

mapleleaf
07-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I want it, I want it, I want it....
Seems like you might've already had the new one in your sights....Great looking rig.....
You may've trumped me I was hoping that was my next move!!!!!

Loadup
07-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Sweet upgrade, congratulations.

saltare inverts
07-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks Loadup. Honestly Maple, there is a hole in my heart now that old salty is gone. I know just a boat but when you spent countless hours in it, lose knuckle meat on it and fall asleep under it enough you become attached.

techsledder
07-08-2010, 02:21 PM
So what's the new power plant?? Sad to see the old one go. :(

saltare inverts
07-08-2010, 02:30 PM
New one is 325 hp indmar. It sure gets this boat on plane soo fast. Im guessing its a wakeboarding prop on it. The fuel injection makes a big difference. I went out all day last monday and used less than half the gas doing the same thing. That justifys more expensive boat right?

mapleleaf
07-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Hawgwash......it needs a 572
I've been entertaining the thought of a boat payment, seeing how much time mine spends getting worked on her trailer, and size has become a player bigtime, need more room......Will have a new munchkin at xmas......

dshaff24
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I hate to ask this but how cheap did you sell the ol girl for? Im liking your upgrade! looks sweet

saltare inverts
07-08-2010, 11:02 PM
I sold the old girl for 10000. Maple, I wrestled with the payment issue a long time. Seemed silly at first to make payments when I could fix everything myself. I started to realize the amount of money, time(phone calls, deciding where and what to get) and being broke down on the water. It all equalled much more than a boat payment would cost. I have a daughter age 2 a son age 4 and a daughter age 17. Time is very important. This was a very good decision so far for my life right now. I know I may still have a problem or two but it will but much much less I am sure. Interest rates are real low also. Congrats on your xmas present. That is awesome news.

mapleleaf
07-08-2010, 11:31 PM
thanks dude, week 14 got decent ultrasound pics.... I feel the same about the payments and interest and time lost repairing even though I love it I just feel like now's not the time.
I can fix boats later...now I want to use them!!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration, I gotta talk to the boss.....
Let me know when your neighbors place goes up for sale....lol
And ofcourse you'll be putting a blower top of that Indmar.....

saltare inverts
07-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Well Im not going with a blower, twin turbos and nitrous is my plan. Well if you need,:D my boss can call your boss and sell her on the idea.

csuggs
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Congrats Salty! That sure is a pretty ride!

techsledder
07-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Well Im not going with a blower, twin turbos and nitrous is my plan. Well if you need,:D my boss can call your boss and sell her on the idea.

Please have her call my boss as well!

mapleleaf
07-09-2010, 03:11 PM

I guess a 300 shot would do.......

mapleleaf
07-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Some more pics of my new to me boat on last Saturday.

Nice pics, get'em over here will ya!!!! I don't know what you're doing upside down, is that a trick!!! LOL

saltare inverts
07-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Im trying to. I cant remember how to get photobucket to show here. The pics wont just upload to Supra site, too large I guess. That upside down shot is middle of a backroll.

mapleleaf
07-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Im trying to. I cant remember how to get photobucket to show here. The pics wont just upload to Supra site, too large I guess. That upside down shot is middle of a backroll.

Copy the address bar and paste it here.....Figures it was a back roll, but when you can't do'em you gotta poke fun.....

saltare inverts
07-12-2010, 05:37 PM
New Pics http://s1039.photobucket.com/albums/a474/saltareinverts/SSV%20Mark%20Twain%207-10-10/

DGREEN
07-12-2010, 11:55 PM
S. I. ur new boat is seriously so sweet. How do you like the V-drive versus ur DD? I have a few buddies with em and they love them, and honestly, so do I, but all in time, its the natural progression I suppose.

saltare inverts
07-13-2010, 08:04 AM
DGREEN, To me one of the best parts is how open it feels. Kids love having the room and getting to the rope on the tower passing boards around etc is all alot easier. You get used to either way but having inboards for 9 years then switching to a v drive is really comfy. I really havnt noticed handleing being much different than my inboard. Actually this boat is much easier to manuever but it is two foot shorter than the saltare and lower sides. I will never go back to a inboard unless I can afford two boats.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-13-2010, 10:15 AM
S-I click the little picture of a painting when you are tyoing your reply and paste the individual pic's url in there.

techsledder
07-13-2010, 12:59 PM
I will never go back to a inboard unless I can afford two boats.

I'm confused... I thought direct drives and v-drives were both considered "inboards"?

saltare inverts
07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
They are but a v-drive is not as nimble as a direct drive. Motor in center of boat makes it better balanced for turns and tracking vs weight in the rear making more swing weight etc.

techsledder
07-14-2010, 10:27 AM
So are the v-drive more of a PITA like I/O's in the shallows? Not friendly for shallow water starts?

saltare inverts
07-14-2010, 01:01 PM
The prop and rudder are placed at close to same depth and distance from aft of boat wether its a dd or vd. The difference is only were the motor is placed and transmision design, which is all contained in the boat.

Ironcross25
07-14-2010, 04:48 PM
sick boat. I plan on upgrading in a few years. I love my marauder but I want an open bow.

saltare inverts
07-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks ironcross. Enjoy the one you got. Alot of people in this world dont have a boat, we do. Its probably not fair.

PoPz
07-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks ironcross. Enjoy the one you got. Alot of people in this world dont have a boat, we do. Its probably not fair.

True i often for get this, especially since i get spoiled riding my sisters 07 SS24v often... and my buddies 07 sanger... the newer boats and their amenities are real nice especially in the new supra's

saltare inverts
07-25-2010, 10:10 PM
yea they are soo nice. I have a list of friends that wait each weekend hoping ill call to take them on the boat. Worse now with a newer boat. I narrowed it down to the ones who help out on the boat the most, pay for gas and have hottest wife. :D

PoPz
07-25-2010, 10:50 PM
yea they are soo nice. I have a list of friends that wait each weekend hoping ill call to take them on the boat. Worse now with a newer boat. I narrowed it down to the ones who help out on the boat the most, pay for gas and have hottest wife. :D

that's basically how you do it, don't need dead weight on the boat, and LOL on the wifes...