PDA

View Full Version : 1100 lb Bag

docdrs
07-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Just a note to all who use this and maybe the 750lb .......i've noticed some bowing of my engine compartment starboard material between the 2 hinges after multiple uses of this bad bag.......I would suggest a 3rd hinge or a metal angle bracket behind the hatch to prevent the bowing......also the screws attaching the hinge to the door are pretty short.....would suggest longer screws or thru bolting with washers to prevent failure due to the increased pressure from this big bad bag

Matt Laird
07-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Just a note to all who use this and maybe the 750lb .......i've noticed some bowing of my engine compartment starboard material between the 2 hinges after multiple uses of this bad bag.......I would suggest a 3rd hinge or a metal angle bracket behind the hatch to prevent the bowing......also the screws attaching the hinge to the door are pretty short.....would suggest longer screws or thru bolting with washers to prevent failure due to the increased pressure from this big bad bag

I'm going to double check mime this weekend thanks doc...

iwakeboard
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Doc, mine did the same thing and I did exactly as you mentioned. I used longer screws that is, not the additional hinge.

cigars n scotch
07-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Any of you have pictures of these 1100 lb. bags filled in your lockers? I really would like to see this. Or perhaps take some this weekend and post them up. Those bags are 8 inches longer and 8 inches wider and taller than the 400 lb. bags I have stock (W713) and I am eager to see these things in someone's lockers.

jclevoy
07-07-2010, 07:21 AM
I strongly suggest the extra hinges. I haven't installed mine yet, but Scottie (ssmith) has installed some and they have made a HUGE difference. I hope to install mine this weekend.

So far, I have just been watching my 1100 lb bag closely when filling and just haven't been filling it completely since I know this is a problem.

JoHNI_T
07-08-2010, 04:07 PM
on my 22ssv everything seems fine so far, I should take a look to be sure.

note to self when removing bags to dry locker after putting bags back in HOOK them up. I was sitting on the lake for at least 5minutes or more and it seems my bilge is going but platform is not going down as my bag fills hmmm I pop open locker to see the water flowing for over 5 minutes,, doh....
thats 5 surf minutes i will never get back.....\\:p

JoHNI_T
07-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Any of you have pictures of these 1100 lb. bags filled in your lockers? I really would like to see this. Or perhaps take some this weekend and post them up. Those bags are 8 inches longer and 8 inches wider and taller than the 400 lb. bags I have stock (W713) and I am eager to see these things in someone's lockers.

I will get u pictures tomorrow, the lid on the locker will just pop open if you let them, I turn mine off when it starts hitting the fiberglass edge. maybe a vest would fit in there otherwise full. then i leave 2 or 3 hundred pounds on the non surf side

docdrs
07-08-2010, 05:33 PM
http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=6139

here is my thread on this bag , scroll for pics and video i inserted on it

cigars n scotch
07-09-2010, 10:41 PM
http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=6139

here is my thread on this bag , scroll for pics and video i inserted on it

thanks for the vid and the pics. Question for you: in your 2009 did they upgrade the pumps from the sprinkler valve? You're filling your bags at a standstill, I could have swore my dealer told me that the boat has to be moving in order to get suction into the gate to fill the sacs. Just curious, perhaps newbie question..

JoHNI_T
07-10-2010, 11:20 AM
thanks for the vid and the pics. Question for you: in your 2009 did they upgrade the pumps from the sprinkler valve? You're filling your bags at a standstill, I could have swore my dealer told me that the boat has to be moving in order to get suction into the gate to fill the sacs. Just curious, perhaps newbie question..

good question on the 09's,,,, my 06 needs to be primed I usually get going 10-15mp/h for half minute then I can just sit and fill, if I turn the boat off i think the pump slows quit a bit, only tried that twice and seemed like forever to fill.

OnlyButter
02-23-2013, 03:08 PM
I'm about to buy some 1100's for the rear lockers. I have a 2011 21v. Anyone out there confirm that the hinges are too weak and need to be upgraded (like the 2009 21v)?

docdrs
02-23-2013, 07:41 PM
It wasn't that the hinges were to weak. There were not enough of them and the divider would bow into the engine compartment between them. The use of 3 hinges would solve the problem although if they are not thru bolted you may want to drill thru the composite material and add ss screws w washers and lock washer and nylock to be certain.