PDA

View Full Version : Older Supra's

Salty87
04-24-2002, 01:45 PM
Rick/Matt or anyone else,

Does Skier's Choice have access to paperwork (hull/engine info) or any original owner's manuals for old-school Supra's? I've got a 1987 Saltare I'd love to get an original owner's manual for or any history that may be available.

Thanks,
Kevin

goose
04-24-2002, 09:05 PM
Kevin,
Not real sure on what we still might have on that year Saltare. When I get back to work I will check and see what I can find. You can also contact Anthony Cooper at the factory and he might could help you. His email is [email protected] He is in charge of part sales and is real familiar with the older models.

87 Sunsport
04-26-2002, 06:39 AM
Kevin,
In addition to Anthony Cooper, Vince, at Discount Inboard Marine can get you old PCM engine manuals and more. He owns and loves an old Supra (Comp I think).

Salty87
04-26-2002, 12:31 PM
I've bought the manual from DIM, Vince is the best. It's pretty good but it covers 10 different engines or something. It's full of disclaimers about not over-filling oil and stuff but not much useful info on specs. And there's no info. on the hull or electronics (if that's what they were called back then). I haven't seen the original, I bought used, and was hoping the original was around.

Like I said, I have the DIM version and wouldn't recommend it. I've found the universal schematics on the back of the DIM catalog to be about as good. Once you find the right page for your engine, the other 80% of the manual is of no use.

If anyone is interested, I'd be willing to copy the info. that applies to your engine and send it to you (email me at [email protected]). The tag on your engine block will start with a couple of letters, I can't remember what mine are but BGK or something is close. With those letters, I can get the right page for you.

Just a thought, thanks for looking.
Kevin

RKG
04-29-2002, 05:30 PM
I have an 88 Mariah and would like any info I can get on this boat. Unfortunately when I bought this boat, I was naive and did not know what to look for. The prior owner had told me that he replaced alot of stuff, but he did alot wrong and took me. Anyhow, I have spent time and money fixing it, but could really use some references of what the boat is supposed to be. Currently, the warning box is causing my lights and chime to stay on, although my gauges say everything is fine. It appears Anthony may have faxed something from a book about the safety system to my dealer, who then sent it to me. These type of items would be great to have, cause I'm running out of money to take it to the shop for every little beep. Thanks for all the help.

BTW, I love the boat, just trying to fix prior owner goofs/cover ups.

Dan Schoenberger
05-10-2002, 02:57 PM
I have a 87 Comp with a PCM 351. I have the original PCM manual which covers: 350, 351 & 454's (& vel trans). If interested I can fax over all or a portion. I also the original manual from Supra (87 Comp ts6m).

Skipkris
06-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Any '98 Saltare manuals available from Skiers Choice? I am the second owner and got no manuals from the dealer. PCM was kind enough to send me manuals for the APEX 5.7 engine, but would like to have a manual for the boat. This is my second Supra; I had my 89 Conbrio until the Saltare became available this year.

Thanks
Skip

93Comp
06-13-2002, 02:40 PM
I've just redone the engine on my 93' Comp and am trying to locate the procedure for setting initial timing. I did this same process several years ago, but can't locate the information on disabling the automatic timing advance at the control module.

I'm also wondering if factory service manuals are available for the PCM 351w HO.

Specs: PCM 351W HO, 1.23 Gear Reduction, 1993 Supra Comp Ts6m.

Thanks in advance,

David McKay
[email protected]