PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some shade!

csuggs
07-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Does anyone have a line on an original style bimini for an 86 Sunsport? I thought I saw one either on here or on ebay a while back. If I can't find one, I'll probably have a custom bimine made to fit my tower.

Sunapee Sunsport
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I have a factory track installed on my 87. This Season I replaced factory bimini with a Super Sport Bimini from Carver Covers. It comes higher then you need it but once you cut 10" off lower tube it sits right over the front of the boat. Cover is rated for use up to 34 mph. Carver does not sell direct so you need to go through one of their retailers.You can however talk with them direct and use their website for reaserch. I went through SavyBoater.com to purchase. I also bought a carver cover for the boat trough them as well. I will try to post some pictures in the comming days of the boat with it up.

Sunapee Sunsport
07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
I just added some pics to my album check them out to see top on boat

dshaff24
07-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Hey I still got my OEM stock bimni? Its white and basically new I was thinking about using it but Im in the works of getting a black one to match my tower so I will not need both

87SunSportMikeyD
07-09-2010, 03:21 PM
check ski-it-again.com would be my sugesstion

csuggs
07-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey I still got my OEM stock bimni? Its white and basically new I was thinking about using it but Im in the works of getting a black one to match my tower so I will not need both

How does it attach? To the windshield?? Any pics? What would you want for it?

mapleleaf
07-09-2010, 04:06 PM
I have a factory track installed on my 87. This Season I replaced factory bimini with a Super Sport Bimini from Carver Covers. It comes higher then you need it but once you cut 10" off lower tube it sits right over the front of the boat. Cover is rated for use up to 34 mph. Carver does not sell direct so you need to go through one of their retailers.You can however talk with them direct and use their website for reaserch. I went through SavyBoater.com to purchase. I also bought a carver cover for the boat trough them as well. I will try to post some pictures in the comming days of the boat with it up.

Off topic, but i am very pleased with the quality and price of my new Carver cover purchased through iboats. The Outdura material is really tough..... Working on fitment as it is a semicustom cover......

87SunSportMikeyD
07-09-2010, 06:38 PM
here is the stock bimini

http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/3508/medium/603698.jpg

Sunapee Sunsport
07-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Off topic, but i am very pleased with the quality and price of my new Carver cover purchased through iboats. The Outdura material is really tough..... Working on fitment as it is a semicustom cover......

I will try to take some pictures. I am suporting my carver cover with a PVC support syetems that uses the ski pyolon and the rear teak rails. Found the plans on another site and adapted from those they were for a malibu. I have used it for 1 1/2 seasons and them thing sheds rain water great.

mapleleaf
07-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Ya I noticed how well it shed's water, but this one is for a low profile windshield boat with an O/B....So a few of the shaping pleats are in the wrong place (specifically around my windshield) and it could use to be about 6" wider at the helm..... For its price I think I want to have an upholsterer do it right... I could prolly make it work, but don't want to wreck it, its a big item to have through my small machine!!!!!!
Sorry for jack Clint......

jasonba1
07-13-2010, 07:50 AM
clint I have the original off my boat but I have no idea if it would work on yours or not but your more than welcome to try

csuggs
07-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks Jason. I'll think about that. What color? Is it off your Comp or another boat?

87SunSportMikeyD
07-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Measure the distance between the mounts and you'll know - but the top of the factory bimini is pretty wide and you might want to measure that too. It might not fit under your tower and you'd have to mod it like I did in my bimini mod thread.

Memmer99
07-13-2010, 04:28 PM
I had the original posted in the classafied section but sold it to Brack. If you have the tower you might as well go custom or check your tower manufacturer to see if they sell one or if they have the dementions to have one made. I ended up going custom and it was well worth the extra $$$$.