PDA

View Full Version : Boat Won't Start Up after Running Fine

DanielleS327
07-07-2010, 03:44 PM
My 2007 Supra Launch SSV 24' has been having some issues lately. Seems everything sounds/appears to be fine and after 2 hours or so +/- it will not crank back up. I have 2 liquid batteries, and the dial stays on "All" all the time actually. Doesn't sound like a starter issue b/c it will turn over at times, but then completely shuts itself off or just will not crank. Hot light never comes on either. I have approx. 400 hours on the boat. Two night ago coming in to the dock about 10 mph, it was as if the boat felt like it was shivering, and shaking, and maybe a grinding sound. I have no idea what this could be. The radio also keeps shutting off as well, and I have to go to where the batteries are, and hit a reset red button down and while I do that, a black switch pops out and I have to also press that back in to get everything running again (i.e, radio and other accessories). Anyone have any suggestions, ideas? Please help!

saltare inverts
07-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Sounds like batteries arent getting charged completely. Hence motor shivering(sounds like not enough juice to fire). Then radio is dying. I would start by cleaning all battery connections with wire brush etc. Then if still a problem I would consider getting alternator checked. My boat just did very similar thing and it was the voltage regulator on the altenator. The alt was less than a year old from DB electric. Luckily it was under warranty, but still caused me several hours of engine diagnostics and shipping and phone calls to get fixed. uGHH.

DanielleS327
07-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Last night when they were loading the boat into the water, I looked underneath the bottom to discover 1 of the 4 blades broken off! And, apparently it came off and went through the gel coat and into the fiberglass as well - a nice 2 inch long mark!