PDA

View Full Version : Any closed bow/complete top off redos??

jet
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I have a 89' closed bow comp. Im wanting to take out the middle divider in the bow. I want to talk to someone who has had there top off and see how its attached? Anybody know? Its time for a plummed bow-sac and plummed rear sac. Jet

mapleleaf
07-08-2010, 11:39 PM
search rickr's resto for pics, you might something. He was pretty detailed and did an incredible job on his comp.......

04Gravity
07-09-2010, 09:59 AM
I have a 89' closed bow comp. Im wanting to take out the middle divider in the bow. I want to talk to someone who has had there top off and see how its attached? Anybody know? Its time for a plummed bow-sac and plummed rear sac. Jet

You know I have been thinking about doing that exact same thing for about a month now, but didnt know if it was some type of structural thing. I would like to know this as well

rludtke
07-09-2010, 03:18 PM
The bow deck laminants do not seem extremely thick, and do not apear to have any core material, so I suspect the vertical divider probably acts as a support for the walk path over the bow. Without it, I think some other method should be devised to restore that strenght.