PDA

View Full Version : hyperlite broadcast 5'6

kodybyron
07-09-2010, 02:51 PM
is this a decent board for beginners? i know its a bit bigger than what i wanted but i just bought it off craigslist for $90. i figure thats a good deal. its the 2005 model with the girl on it. 3 fins in rear.

not a bad deal for my first board huh? 5'9 160lbs.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-09-2010, 03:09 PM
for 90 it's a good board. It will hold riders up to 225 but it's not too crazy big for the littler people. Real light girls it's pretty big for. Fun for me (165lb) to try longboard tricks. Turns and slashes are all I can do with this board aside from longboard tricks. My bigger buddy can do 3's with the rope and he has hopes for this summer...

Okie Boarder
07-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Horrible board. You need to get something much better and that board isn't even worth $50. I'd be willing to help you out and take it off your hands for $40 so you can pursue getting a real board.

Fman
07-10-2010, 12:08 PM
is this a decent board for beginners? i know its a bit bigger than what i wanted but i just bought it off craigslist for $90. i figure thats a good deal. its the 2005 model with the girl on it. 3 fins in rear.

not a bad deal for my first board huh? 5'9 160lbs.

I ride this exact board, IMO yes its a good beginner/intermediate. For $90 that is a good price. The larger the board the easier it will be to stay in the wake because you are getting more surface area. I can ride the wake easily with this board, and I am 6'1" 200 lbs.

Supra-in-steamboat
07-10-2010, 12:40 PM
I would put it in the "Q" for $90... It origanally sold retail for @$250. Bargain if you can. If Okie is serious about not liking the board, I may know why.
The shape of the broadcast is dead flat on the bottom. There is some rocker front to back, but the rails end at the board bottom in a flat, very quick moving surface. Picture this- would you rather stand on a round log in the water or a square 2x6? (Some imagination required.)
The broadcast is the least "surfy" shape and feel of all the Hyperlite line. I have both sizes of the Broadcast, the Venture, the Coex. The Broadcast serves its purpose- it is bigger and does have more standing room. For some beginners, the bigger board gives piece of mind. That being said, once they try a more rounded board, they ususally say it is eaiser and more forgiving. Hope this helps and good luck.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Yep it needs more nose rocker, but many many wakesurf boards are nose-divers.