PDA

View Full Version : Creepy Tranny

suprasalad
07-26-2004, 07:26 PM
The tranny in my '90 Supra comp seems to "creep" in neutral. I noticed when I first bought the boat last year that the prop turned slightly out of the water when working on it. Lately, I noticed that in the water the boat actually creeps now especially if I rev it up in neutral. I changed to 30W oil (from 20W) this year and I am wondering if the extra pressure or something is causing this. Anybody have any suggestions or experience with this.

thanks

vettdaddy
07-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Mine does occasionally when cold...
how did you change oil in that beast...
with low hours and no leaks local guy said to leave it alone.

Any thoughts on that.

suprasalad
07-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Ya, I have heard from guys that you should not change you tranny oil if everything is running ok. I know a guy with a 1988 Supra Comp and he does not change his tranny oil and has had no problems. However, if the manufacturer says to change it every 100 hours I ususally try and do it. FYI the tech at PCM said that the thicker 30W oil could cause the clutch to stay engaged. He said to change to Dexron III if 20w is not available.

87 Blue Saltare
08-09-2004, 04:41 PM
My 87 did that when I first bought it. A guy put in a clutch pack kit and it fixed it. Now it's starting to do it again....I thought I read somewhere on this board about a guy who had done that work himself. The kit is only about $100 at skidim. I couldn't find the post though. I'm going to look again.

When mine is creeping, if I touch it into reverse it stops then when I go back to N. This just started last week.