PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Replacement 92' Sunsport

MESupra
07-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey guys, finally getting around to replacing the 4 speakers in the 92' sunsport. Everything is going very well with the boat, have put about 10hrs on the engine with no issues so far. Friends are loving the wake! The speakers are being replaced as only 1 worked. I am not concerned about the quality of the sound. I am basically looking for a cheap speaker that puts out sound. I have tried using 6.5 explodes from walmart but they are too big, not wanting to cut the holes larger I was wondering if anyone happens to know of a direct fit. The hole is cut out at 5.5 inches. the old speakers measure 6^1/8".

Thanks

Sunapee Sunsport
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Just put new 6.5 Polks in my boat they fit great. I did have to use the included brakets to hold in . 2 holes worked the other 2 holes needed the brakets to clip into place and hold. The model I installed were Polk DB651S you can pick them up online for about $55 per pair. The s in the model # means that they are shallow mount.

BigCity444
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
These DB651 speakers rock. You can run them on just your head unit or install an amp. Great inexpensive speakers. I got them on ebay for 55 a pair with shipping.