PDA

View Full Version : new question from new member

fingerstick
07-10-2010, 01:15 PM
As fate would have it ,i had to give up my moomba a while ago(sad day).Well fate is fickle and now smiling down on me again! MY question is what is the difference in the sunsport series versus the launch series (21v).Thank you for your replies.

Skylar18
07-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Sunsport usually has a walktrough bow. The launch has a playpen with much larger ballast that fits under the playpen. I have a Sunsport and love that feature but I struggle with getting as much weight as I want in the bow.

Fman
07-11-2010, 12:30 PM
The Sunsport will usually also have the built in cooler w/steps, other than that they are identical boats. Some of the SSV's are being ordered with the walk thru bows now, just depends on what you are looking for. The stock SSV with the playpen on the 22 SSV will have 650 lb bag, and the 24 SSV will have the 1100 pd front bag.

The wake on the sunsport with the 400 lb center bag is great, however if you are needing more weight I would recommend the playpen. The playpen will allow you much more bow weight without having to add any more bags.

austinxlv
08-04-2010, 11:21 AM
If you don't mind, what caused you to have to get rid of the moomba?
I'm facing a similar issue now where my Moomba XLV is probably totalled or should be! I won't get into details yet as I'm still waiting to hear what Skiers Choice is going to do for me. I hope they do the right thing and keep me a happy customer wanting to buy another product.
I'm looking into the Supra launch 24 or the sunsport.
I think I would want the extra ballast though for sure.