PDA

View Full Version : What board after a Hyperlite state...

OneCent
07-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi

I'm thinking of buying another Board with a different setup. Atm i have a Hyperlite State on the Boat, its a pretty easy board and does the Job for me and my guests. But... ;-) I'm thinking about a 2010 Ronix Ibex, One or a Viva. But i can't test them in my area. Ronix Commercial says the 2010 Ibex, one, and Viva are also for beginner, not that aggressive like the previous ones.

Your opinion?

Cheers, OneCent

mikebu
07-12-2010, 01:34 AM
I went from a Hyperlite State to a Liquid Force Watson and removed the center fin. The board is now called the Classic Watson. Don't know anything about the Ronix boards.

www.wakeworld.com could probably give you better feedback on board suggestions...

Chachi
07-12-2010, 01:46 AM
I ride a Company Severence Santori pro model and love it!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
07-12-2010, 11:57 AM
OneCent - What is your height and weight? What is your skill level (what tricks can ya do)? Do you like to hit the wake with speed into the flats or do you pop and go for wake to wake height?

I also ride the Watson Classic (any Watson before 2010) and it is the single best selling wakeboard line of all time. Tough to go wrong there, it felt like magic my first ride. I test rode every other LF board that year and that was by far the best for me.

It has features that many board companies are just starting to catch up to. Like rolled edges between your feet for forgiving landings. A center spine down the entire board. Long, shallow fins to hold edge but release easy

I would highly recommend searching reviews at WakeWorld.

stinky_1
12-31-2010, 06:28 PM
I rode the Ronix Vault for half of last season. One thing I can say about this board is that the landings are very hard. The Ibex was the other board I had my eyes on. I did some looking around after riding the vault for a couple weeks and some people on the web are saying the Ibex is a knee killer. I tend to beleive this. With the completly flat center section I found I was smacking the water pretty hard if you overshoot the wake at all. Even when you land onto the wake you need to pay attention to land a bit more tail heavy. That way you can break the water before the full impact.

I have not been on the board since the end of october now and my right knee still cringes to think about getting back on that board next year.

before that I rode a LF fish. It has a deep deep V concave in the middle of the board. It made landings very very soft.

I tend to like riding wake to wake with as much air as I can get. That was why I was looking at the Ibex. Wider than the other boards and a nice steep 3 stage rocker. Now I am back on the hunt for a fish again, or something else with soft landings. My body wont be able to handle big airs if I keep riding the Ronix.

Its too bad. I LOVE my ronix Cell bindings. I wish ronix made some softer boards. It looks like their line up for this year is running the "clean" bottoms as well.

I dont buy that garbage about the "more forward momentum" in their marketing. I never felt it at least.

Hope that helps