PDA

View Full Version : Center window(windsheild) wanted 92 saltare/sunsport

Ptownkid
07-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Title speaks for itself, looking for the center section of a 1992 curved windshield. It's for a saltare but I assume other models used the same one.

mapleleaf
07-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Jim at Viper Customs for sure....

Ptownkid
07-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Tried him, no luck. Also tried boat windsheilds by Lawrence, number is out of service. Jim did say that the original manufacturer is back in business though, shot them an e-mail, we'll see.

Mani
07-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Just to let you know I do Automotive glass for a living.

Isn't the center section on these curved windshields still flat? If you're looking for just the glass, and you can't get it through any other avenue, let me know. If you can give me dimensions on it, I can get a piece cut and shipped at cost, for you. Tempered or Laminated your choice, but I do believe they're tempered from the manufacturer.

Ptownkid
07-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Man, I love this place more and more everyday! Thanks extremely kind of you. Yes, it is flat to my knowledge, I just need to figure out the frame then...

Anyone with a 92+ able to provide some good detailed pics?

Mani
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Get the dimensions to me down to the sixteenth of an inch. I need length, width, thickness, color and weather you want a tempered or a laminated piece, I'll get it shipped to you in about 10-14 days.

I'm headed to DC and Boston for vacation starting tomorrow, so I'll get it and ship it out when I get back.

My number is 469-226-7901. Call me and I'll give you the gritty details.

Name is Mani, as the handle suggests. :)

Ptownkid
07-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Awesome dude...it's no rush anyway, just something I would like to do.