PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum. ballast upgrade?

08 sacked supra
07-11-2010, 11:56 PM
hello everyone i am new to the forum as we have recently got a 08 supra sunsport 22v.with 0 hours on it. so far me and my family have enjoyed our supra and our biggest reason for picking supra is the interior layout is awesome. right now we have the stock ballast and for wakeboarding it has plenty of wake but, over the last week i went on vacation and wakesurfed for the first time. its a blast and my dad wants to upgrade to bigger bags? being a family of 4 we want to keep the bags out of the way . we were thinking about a bow bag and 750s in the rear. has any one else ran a setup similar to that? will 1100s fit in the rear? how full can you fill the bow bag? any advice would be appreciated thanks.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-12-2010, 11:44 AM
You DAD wants more ballast? That kicks @$$. Yes they are swappable. If you are looking for a deal, try http://wakeskishop.com/ use discount code SUPRADEAL10 for 10% off and free shipping.

720s or 1100s should fit, check Fman's ballast upgrade thread for more info

Diggs
07-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Do you have the steps option in the back going into the boat on the driver's side?
If so, you can only upgrade to the 750 and allow it to fit. If you do not, you can do the 650's (longer and lower profile), 750's and probably the 1150, but you won't be able to fill it. You will definitely want to upgrade your front bag to 1150 as well.

08 sacked supra
07-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Do you have the steps option in the back going into the boat on the driver's side?
If so, you can only upgrade to the 750 and allow it to fit. If you do not, you can do the 650's (longer and lower profile), 750's and probably the 1150, but you won't be able to fill it. You will definitely want to upgrade your front bag to 1150 as well.

yes we have the steps in the back that was one of the key features that sold us on this boat over other makes/models. as for the bags in the rear 750s sound like plenty more than enough. being only a 22v without the play pen is there room for the 1150 bag up front? i have heard yes and no ? does any one run this in there boat ? i would love to see some pics of one weighted similar to get an idea of what setup works well? any input is appreciated thanks again

08 sacked supra
07-14-2010, 01:46 PM

yes we have the steps in the back that was one of the key features that sold us on this boat over other makes/models. as for the bags in the rear 750s sound like plenty more than enough. being only a 22v without the play pen is there room for the 1150 bag up front? i have heard yes and no ? does any one run this in there boat ? i would love to see some pics of one weighted similar to get an idea of what setup works well? any input is appreciated thanks again

Diggs
07-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Since you have the steps you will not be able to do the 650 lb bag cause it is too long and will run into the step on the driver side. The 750 lb bags will fit in the back though. You will not get the 1150 lb bag up front. Sorry, I thought you had the playpen. Maybe add some lead up there somewhere.
If you do add the 750's to the rear keep in mind you will be very ass heavy when you try to wakeboard. You will want to throw more weight up front or run those bags empty or only part of the way.

cmtaylor777
07-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I have a bow sack 1150 that I'm not using. I would be willing to trade for the sacks you pull out. Just a thought.

Fman
07-15-2010, 12:08 AM
You will get a good, surfable wake with the 750's in the rear and the 400 lb ski locker bag. Plenty biog enough to throw the rope in and free surf. You will probably have to extend your fill lines or else the fitting will snap off because of the extra height.

To get a longer pocket you will need to add more weight up front. You can put a front bag up front (integrated bow sac) but it will have to be customized to fit in your front storage lockers, this is a little more involved because you will have to add an additional drain pump and tie in your ski locker bag to overflow and start filling your other front bag(s).

saltare inverts
07-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Im going to buy skiers choice and then make these bag changes the Surf Edition upgrade from the factory. Anyone who can loan me a couple mill pm me.

KG's Supra24
07-15-2010, 03:09 PM
It doesnt sound like you need a gigantic wake for wakeboarding.

I think you would be fine putting the 750's in the rear. That will give you the surf wake you need. For wakeboarding, you can just run the bow 400 full and play with the rear but like diggs said, you wont need anywhere close to full. Alot of us have started running no weight in the rear and heavy up front, the way Supra seems to like it. Helps with gas too.

If you end up needing more weight for surfing, you can always use your stock sacs on top of the 750 (not sure if this works in the 22) or throw them around in the boat somewhere.

08 sacked supra
07-15-2010, 03:59 PM
You will get a good, surfable wake with the 750's in the rear and the 400 lb ski locker bag. Plenty biog enough to throw the rope in and free surf. You will probably have to extend your fill lines or else the fitting will snap off because of the extra height.

To get a longer pocket you will need to add more weight up front. You can put a front bag up front (integrated bow sac) but it will have to be customized to fit in your front storage lockers, this is a little more involved because you will have to add an additional drain pump and tie in your ski locker bag to overflow and start filling your other front bag(s).

thats what i was thinking, just thought i would check on what other people have done first. my dad is actually taking our boat over to active water sports today ( where we bought the boat ) to have the 25 hour service done. in order to have the warranty we were told that they have to do a 25 hour service. we are also having a few warranty things claimed, little cosmetic stuff. over our last vacation we lost the S in supra, so everyone was asking us where we got our upra. but while he is there he is going to get the 750s for the rear and a bow sac. i believe what the plan is is to get a tsunami quick pump for the bow temporarly and than plum it in at the end of the season when we have the time to do it correctly. something i really want my dad to do is convert to the 09 pump system. its a real pain to dump onde side and fill the other depending on who is surfing.