PDA

View Full Version : ballast 2003 launch

ess3489
07-12-2010, 12:15 AM
just bought a 2003 launch and wondering how to make the best wakesurfing wave possible. i believe it has the stock ballast of 300 in each rear locker and 600 in the middle. correct me if that wrong.

600 in the middle should that be upgraded to something bigger?

and i definately want to upgrate both rear sacs, i right on the port side and my sister rides on the opposite. so would 750's be plenty? 1100 just seems a little to much and harder on the boat.

i have a few 400 pound and one 500-600 pound fat sacs from the last boat i owned so i can scatter those around if needed.

really just looking for the ideal setup of what weight in what position.

ScottnAz
07-12-2010, 01:18 PM
750's will fit in the rear lockers, but won't completely fill, so there's no point trying to cram the 1100 in there.

Working with what you have, here's what I would do before investing in more bags;

Fill center locker bag
Fill a 400 bag on top of the walk-through (you may only fill this halfway due to lack of rear weight)
Fill rear surfside locker bag
Fill the 600 bag on surfside rear
Wakeplate @ 50% and raise as needed to clean wave
Speed 10.7-11.2

Have fun!!

ess3489
07-20-2010, 06:29 PM
so i went out last week and played around with the sacs in the boat but never got a good wave........ sometime i would see a good wave but only for a split second when we were turning.

i had both rear sacs in the rear lockers full and the center front locker full (so all stock bags were full) then i placed a 550lb ba in the rear surfside corner and a 300lb bag on rear surfside side of the boat. had my mom and sister sitting in rear, tried switching them to sitting in front by the driver but not a very good wave, there was still alot of white water on the wave it was not clean or crisp or the size i was hoping from.

also tried the same setup but drained the nonsurfside rear locker hoping to geth the boat leaning more but still not what i was looking for.

i think i need more wieght in the rear but i hate having a pile of fat sacs inside the boat. what is the best upgrade to replace the rear lockers with that fit the best adn get the most wieght in each locker.

the boat seemed like it needed alot more weight my friends mastercraft 22ft has a huge clean wake with just stock bags filled. but we usually have 10 people in the boat and 4 or so sitting ontop of the rear surfside locker. how can i improve my wave please help

ScottnAz
07-23-2010, 05:45 PM
750's are the best upgrade for the rear lockers. I know some people have had success with filling the non-surf side rear locker sac...... I have not, and do not add any weight to that side. The only way your going to get around having a pile of sacs scattered throughout the boat is going to be replacing the center sac with the GG 1180lb center bag ($330 @ wakemakers.com) and replacing the rear locker bags with 750's ($150 ea @ wakemakers.com). Then, also picking up another 1000lb center bag for the rear surf side and corner ($330 @ wakemakers.com)........ OR, bringing out the 10 people that ride the MC with you guys

How fast are you driving? I assume we're talking about the Launch SSV, and not the actual Launch or Launch SS (which are direct drive boats)?

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about for the rear surf side and corner sac

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/rearbag-1.jpg