PDA

View Full Version : What to look for in fiberglass repairmen

Blackntan90
07-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Well, we are just back from a week at the lake, where I managed to cut the rig a little too close to the trees! I am just sick thinking about it, I almost cried! I really want this fixed right, and was hoping for some pointers on what to look for in a shop/repairman that is straight up. Thanks, guys.

Ptownkid
07-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't have any advice unfortunately...other than check previous work, but I am sad for you......I would probably cry.

Good luck man, there's lots of people who can make that go away.

Supra-in-steamboat
07-13-2010, 10:57 AM
I did a ton of research this spring about boat fiberglass repair. The shops that dealt mostly or all with boats were very proud of their work. They were all very generous with time, access to photos (before and after work), and gave free estimates in most cases. I would look for a shop that has an extensive photo log of their work. FYI - most of the shops were a few weeks out. Good luck with the repair, hope it goes well.

SupraTamu
07-13-2010, 02:31 PM
I would check with a couple of reputable boat dealers and find out who does there fiberglass work they should be able to give you a name.

Blackntan90
07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks, guys. I really dont have any real boat dealers around- my Supra dealer is 45 minutes away- so I have at least a place to start. Looks like I will do alot of careful research, and get this taken care of in the off-season!