PDA

View Full Version : Exquisite Question

thescott
07-13-2010, 10:53 AM
I finally got around to ordering a kit from Sue and I've got a question for you guys that have gotten the kit w/ the brush.

The brush that came with my order is a really hard bristled brush (IMO) and I'm hesitant to use it on my vinyl. I had expected it would come with a soft bristle brush. For those of you that got a brush, was it a rather hard bristled brush? Did I get the right one? If yours is the same, did you use it? Any issues?

I guess that's more than one question... :p

Thanks-

Fman
07-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Scott,

The brush will not harm your vinyl, I used it and it worked great. Make sure and use a lot of the cleaner and have a clean terry cloth towel to clean up all the dirt/grime it will break free. You dont need to use a lot of pressure on the brush to get good results.

You could also test it out on the side of a removeable seat cushion first to make sure you are satisfied with the results.

cmtaylor777
07-13-2010, 11:18 AM
My brush was firm at first as well. It loosens up after use. I scub mine all the time so I'm starting to need a new brush.

Don't worry about it. Just be careful around stitching. It doesn't take much to rip the threads of the stitching.

kodybyron
07-13-2010, 11:34 AM
mine was a standard hard brisel tire cleaner brush....i scrubbed the crap outta my white seats...didnt hurt them a bit...but ill be honest...after using equisite i still havent gotten the results i expected....i need something a lil more powerful! any suggestions?

KG's Supra24
07-13-2010, 11:45 AM
after using equisite i still havent gotten the results i expected....i need something a lil more powerful! any suggestions?

Since you brought it up ....

I'm kinda feeling the same way. I was hoping for better results.

Has anyone tried it on their carpets? I read that you can use it on carpet but have been really hesitant. Will likely just use my Little Green.

tg0824SSVGG
07-13-2010, 12:13 PM
I am still getting great results with the Exquisite -- after my return from Lake Powell,
the seats were pretty dirty -- and it took 2-3 times of repeated scrubbing, etc to get
them good and clean - and the brush is pretty firm.

I have used it to clean a spot on the carpet - prior to using my little green machine - it worked well.

This stuff still works better than the Babe's I used to use all the time - and I have
no concerns about it harming the vinyl - my seats even seem to "feel better" after
a good scrubbing.

I will be seeing Sue on Wednesday (tomorrow) if you want me to ask her any
specific questions.

Todd

techsledder
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
I have used it to clean a spot on the carpet - prior to using my little green machine - it worked well.

Todd

What about a small grease spot in the carpet? Does it work on that?

tg0824SSVGG
07-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Not sure -- what I treated was "rust" -- something metal was left in there, under the helm on wet carpet. It got about 90% of it out - probably would have gotten more if I was more patient and worked a little harder.

thescott
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback all. I'll report back after trying it out this weekend.

I love Babes boat bright and also dig their vinyl conditioner but thought their seat cleaner sucked. I've been using the west marine brand vinyl cleaner for spot cleaning w/ good results. But that stuff's $8 for a small bottle. The package of exquisite was a good deal in comparison. Now just have to see the results.

KG's Supra24
07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
I want to see results without having to clean 3 times, though. I barely have time to clean once. The brush also worries me around the stitching.

Is the west marine vinyl cleaner easy to use? Do you use a brush?

jaywidhalm
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
I agree that I was expecting more, from all the original comments on the original thread. I am not sure with all the heaving scrubbing if it is doing much more than any other cleaner I have tried. I do like the peace of mind that it is not harming the material though. I have a few specs on places that are not coming out. Not sure what they are, but I thought this "miracle cleaner" would do the trick. Not the case. But since I have it, I will continue to use it, until something better comes along.

thescott
07-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I want to see results without having to clean 3 times, though. I barely have time to clean once. The brush also worries me around the stitching.

Is the west marine vinyl cleaner easy to use? Do you use a brush?

Yeah KG, it was for me. For bad spots I'd use a really soft bristle brush to work it into the nooks n' crannies and it was great.

dickboxers
07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Sorry to get off subject, but what is the best hull clean to use.

Fman
07-14-2010, 12:00 AM
I agree that I was expecting more, from all the original comments on the original thread. I am not sure with all the heaving scrubbing if it is doing much more than any other cleaner I have tried. I do like the peace of mind that it is not harming the material though. I have a few specs on places that are not coming out. Not sure what they are, but I thought this "miracle cleaner" would do the trick. Not the case. But since I have it, I will continue to use it, until something better comes along.

Jay, have you tried the cleaner NBT that came with the boat? Its VERY good at removing spot stains. I have found exquisite to be good for soiling of the vinyl, but I agree not too great with spot stains. Try the NBT, it is great. You can get some from the manufacturer for free. There phone # is on the last image. NBT is designed for the nanotech vinyl in all '08 and newer boats.

thescott
07-14-2010, 12:15 AM
+1for the NBT cleaner.
When I bought my boat the dealer was going out of business. They gave me about 20 of the little sample bottles and also a bunch of these little NBT wet wipe things. That stuff will get out ANYTHING.

KG's Supra24
07-14-2010, 08:41 AM
The NBT is only for 08 and newer? Is that correct?

thescott
07-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Don't know KG

jaywidhalm
07-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Jay, have you tried the cleaner NBT that came with the boat? Its VERY good at removing spot stains. I have found exquisite to be good for soiling of the vinyl, but I agree not too great with spot stains. Try the NBT, it is great. You can get some from the manufacturer for free. There phone # is on the last image. NBT is designed for the nanotech vinyl in all '08 and newer boats.

Thanks Travis, I will give it a try. I think I had a small sample when I bought the boat. If not, I will try the manufacturer and see if I can score some for free. Thanks for the info.

kodybyron
07-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Ok, so i bought the exquisite...i did not get the results i was expecting!
However!!! Grease Lightning works AMAZING!! just a fyi. i used the stiff brush and man you hardly even have to srcub at all. my 2002 gained about 4 years! not sure if its "healthy" for the vinvyl but i dont see or feel any side effects from using it. cheap too!

Tony128
07-19-2010, 12:52 PM
can someone post a pic of the brush there using,

tg0824SSVGG
07-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Don't know about the greased lightening, but what I can say - you DO have to work
to get the vinyl clean - to get it really clean, as it says on the bottle - you have to
use the brush - and repeat 2-3 times.

I have had phenominal results, but perhaps the most amazing thing is how soft my
vinyl is after I use it properly. I had about 20 people comment on the softness
at the Rocky Mountain USHA National Hydrofoil Championships over the weekend
that my wife and I coordinate. (we used my boat to tow the lower divisions).

Todd

Sue from Exquisite was there at the competition. You are aware she's got a satisfaction
guarantee?