PDA

View Full Version : Mods on 04 SSV

saltare inverts
07-14-2010, 11:20 AM
I just got her and I cant leave her alone, like prom night.

I added a new amp last nite. It is fully digital wich means it bench tested each of the full range channels at 114 watts at each speaker in 2 ohms. That allows me run 8 speakers at that wattage. The sub channel(five channel amp) tested at 474 watts at 2 ohms. Ill run one DV sub. It is very compact and the speaker connections are the best I have seen. I mounted it on marine plywood that was wrapped in carpet. Take a gander.

http://s1039.photobucket.com/albums/a474/saltareinverts/Amp%20install%201/

mapleleaf
07-14-2010, 11:43 AM
not surprised your at it this quick.....nice work, what kinda connections are those they look great......

saltare inverts
07-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Yea I get obsessed with my boat. The rca connectors are monster brand and the speaker connects are from alpine. The have a plug tha holds the wires and you tighten with a allen wrench(provided and its chrome). Then you just plug connector into the amp. It is really really slick.

WakeSurfCanada
09-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Yea I get obsessed with my boat. The rca connectors are monster brand and the speaker connects are from alpine. The have a plug tha holds the wires and you tighten with a allen wrench(provided and its chrome). Then you just plug connector into the amp. It is really really slick.

ahhh the ol PDX-5M! These amps are SWEET!

Doesn't hurt that I work for them! :D

Conservatively Rated @ 75wx4 RMS and 300wx1 RMS, although the last one I installed came with a bench tested @ 109W x4 and 418w x 1, Thats an extra 250W over what it was rated at!

Hope you enjoy!

Okie Boarder
09-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Looks good and I bet it sounds good, as well.

saltare inverts
09-24-2010, 09:50 PM
It sounds really really good. Best amp I have ever owned so far and I have had alot. My birth sheet rated it at 114 watts by four and 479 watts for the Sub. It even rates four channels at two ohms at 114 per channel. Which means I can and I am running two speakers at each of the four full range channels with each speaker gettimg 114 watts. I dont know how alpine does it but that digital amp is soo impressive. Nothing comes close as far as I can tell.