PDA

View Full Version : Loose Swim Platform 06 21V

skibumtx
07-14-2010, 04:41 PM
My swim platform has alot of play in it. Any suggustions on how to fix it?

Fman
07-14-2010, 11:59 PM
My swim platform has alot of play in it. Any suggustions on how to fix it?

Toilet shims, drive them down between the bracket and transom mounts, cost about $2 at the hardware store. They are clear wedge plastic shims, I had the same problem, and this has taken care of it. After they are wedged in the gap, break them off and you will never even know they are in there.

skibumtx
07-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Great idea. I have to remove my platform to get it into the garage, so I may need to glue them in some how so they stay in place.

saltare inverts
07-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Let me know how it works skibum. I have to remove mine also. I dont mind the rattle but it would be nice if its gone.

Fman
07-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Great idea. I have to remove my platform to get it into the garage, so I may need to glue them in some how so they stay in place.

Just an idea, but you could buy a lot of them and re-install them everytime you put the platform back on, they are very cheap.

csuggs
07-15-2010, 11:13 AM
I had the same problem and also have to take my platform off to fit it in the garage. Just last week I took some 1/8" thick cork gasket material that I already had and cut it to fit the platform brackets. Then I krazy glued it to the brackets. It works good!

skibumtx
07-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I was thinking about using a plastic piece and glueing it on. I like your idea better; guess I need to go to the auto parts store . . .