PDA

View Full Version : Need help locating the alarm sensitivity

firstdogriver
07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
I have an 89 Supra Conbrio and normally the OIL LIGHT comes on and the ALARM sounds intermittently. All last week the OIL LIGHT and ALARM stayed on along with the Voltage LIGHT and ALARM. I spent some time starring at the underside of the dash and could not locate a sensitivity dial. I checked the oil every day and it was fine, the oil pressure was between 40 and 60. The voltage was around 15. In addition to this, it appears that there might be a safety feature the wont let me start the engine if an alarm is going off. Sometimes I would have to turn the key 10-12 times before the engine would turn over with an alarm going off. Does anyone have some insight to where the sensitivity dial is for one or all of the alarms and will this help with the starting problem?

P.S. the boat ran great once it was running.

OUI
07-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I had the same problem, what I did was to get under the dash and clean the contact points and the plug that goes into the alarm buzzer pannel. Upper left hand side if you're looking at the dash and upper right side if you're under it. Although mine would start fine, the buzzer and lights would stay on no matter what. I don't think the ignition switch is connect to that buzzer assembly, I think you have two differnt problems. Try cleaning the contacts and plug-in, and look at getting a new ignition switch.