PDA

View Full Version : Burning rich, shower and headlight

woodsz
07-15-2010, 05:30 PM
My 04 Supra Launch SSV has the 5.7L multi port injection, when I bought it, it was missing and back firing at high RPM and only under load. I changed the plug wires, cap and rotor and it still was not running any better. So I pulled the plugs, and when I did water was covering the gap of the 4th cylinder spark plug. I had thought the worst (head gasket) so I put the new plugs in and now it runs like a dream, other then it runs really rich and I don't think the governor is set properly.
I was wondering what these engines should run at for the top RPM, and if there is a way of leaning it up a bit on my own?

I also cannot get the shower to work but I am thinking its the same problem as the the ballast (the pump), does anyone know where I could order these pumps online at a decent price?

One more little issue for this thread. When there is people sitting in the bow I seem to get water coming in the nose. I think it is likely coming in the headlight, if so is there a gasket for that or should I just use a silicone?