PDA

View Full Version : Cooler on platform while trailering

KG's Supra24
07-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Does anyone put coolers or gear on the swim platform while trailering? I saw a boat doing this the other day and seemed like a great way to get the coolers out of the cargo area. I dont like putting stuff in the boat because it can slide around and ding stuff up or get it dirty.

I dont see any potential issues other than weight. Surely the platform can hold the weight?

Fman
07-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Does anyone put coolers or gear on the swim platform while trailering? I saw a boat doing this the other day and seemed like a great way to get the coolers out of the cargo area. I dont like putting stuff in the boat because it can slide around and ding stuff up or get it dirty.

I dont see any potential issues other than weight. Surely the platform can hold the weight?

My brother in law does it all the time with his MC X-15 with no problems, should be fine on a Supra as well.

Blackntan90
07-16-2010, 03:11 PM
That is how we get all of our trash home after camping for a week! There is now way that stuff is going in the suburban, let alone the boat! I use a cargo net and a couple of bungee cords- works great!

04Gravity
07-16-2010, 03:31 PM
I wouldnt do it just because if the cooler fell off, I would have to go all the way to the store to get more beer! Haha

iwakeboard
07-19-2010, 09:54 AM
I saw someone doing this this past weekend, I'd just throw a ratchet strap around it connected to the port/starboard eyes. Great idea, especially if you don't have a truck bed.

jaywidhalm
07-19-2010, 08:21 PM
I have seen this done on many, many boats. Don't see an issue as long as you strap it down good. The platform can definately handle the weight, unless your cooler weighs more than about 300 pounds!