PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer Problem 91 Comp TS6m

werlinda
07-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Speedometer does not work. Believe the pressure hose inside boat is not attached in the back. When you remove the 8 screws in the rear bench seat does that alow you to remove the back seat and get access to hoses?

mapleleaf
07-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Speedometer does not work. Believe the pressure hose inside boat is not attached in the back. When you remove the 8 screws in the rear bench seat does that alow you to remove the back seat and get access to hoses?

I think on that boat you may have to remove the gas tank, Have you replaced the speedo pitot's on the transom?? they're cheap and the new ones seem to work pretty well
SkiDIM has them.....

rludtke
07-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Try disconnecting at the pitot end, and blow (very gently, with a longer hose attached so you can see the speedo), and watch for a rise on the speedo. If it doesn't then the hose is disconnected/broken/leaking somewhere. If the speedo rises, then perhaps the pitot is plugged up.

werlinda
07-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Tryed that and speedo does not move. Can hear air inside back of boat. Think hose is diconnected inside back of boat and letting water in while moving........Removing the gas tank sound like a pain in the you know where?

rludtke
07-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Cool, sounds like you've narrowed down the problem. I have not actually seen from the inside where the hoses pass through the transom, but I have been able to pull more hose out from the outside to remake the pitot connection. I wasn't aware of any internal disconects.

We need someone who has taken their top deck off to comment...