PDA

View Full Version : Launch 21V Throttle Return Spring

Rainsbro
07-19-2010, 10:07 PM
My perfect pass is going past the speed set point then dropping below the speed set point. I looked on the perfect pass web site and checked the servo motor and the linkage. I phoned the tech support and his best guess was that my throttle retun spring was broken or worn out. So, what I am looking for are some pictures or guides to show what it looks like properly installed and how to replace it. I have the assault 340hp inmar motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jaywidhalm
07-20-2010, 11:45 AM
What year is the boat? Is it doing it all the time underway, or just initially when you take off, then it eventually maintains the proper speed? If it levels out, it may just be a setting in the perfect pass of how aggressive you have it set.

Rainsbro
07-20-2010, 05:18 PM
The boat is a 2005. It happens all the way and the perfect pass never holds the speed. I have spoken to the perfect pass tech support line and sent them some pix. They determined that the perfect pass throttle cable is bent and needs to be replaced. I will let evetyone know how this works out.

c9403
05-10-2011, 10:20 PM
My 2006 Launch 21V is doing the same thing. I am the second owner and I have only been out a few times so far.

When I look under the hood, I can see the linkage where the PPass cable hooks to the throttle position control unit (a pentiontometer), and it looks like there should be a spring somewhere between the two "nubs" that the arm travels between. But, I can not figure where it would go. When I was cleaning the bilge area, there was a broken spring in the bottom, but I did not put 2 and 2 together until the other day. I have done a linkage test and also a servo motor test, both check out. For me, the boat surges past the set point and never comes back down.

Anyone have a similar motor that can tell me where the spring would go?

I have an email and some pics off to Perfect Pass and I am waiting to hear back from them.

Chris