PDA

View Full Version : Oil Light And Audible Alarm

V-watersports
07-19-2010, 11:54 PM
I just purchased a 1991 Supra Mariah and cannot get the oil light and audible alarm to shut off. I have checked the oil...fine! The oil gauge reads perfect, and so is the engine temp. We changed the oil pressure sending unit, with no result...still squealing! It only does it when the engine is warmed up. Besides by-passing it all together, does anyone have any suggestions for me to try?
THANKS!!!

rludtke
07-20-2010, 12:04 AM
I am not entirely sure its an oil light or oil alarm. I suspect it might be an engine overtemp light and alarm. You might want to investigate your coolant system, to be sure it isn't overheating...

OUI
07-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Pull the plug on the buzz and clean the contact and the plug, that should solve your problem.

V-watersports
07-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks, I will try that.

90Comp
07-23-2010, 01:43 PM
OUI-

I have the same problem with the alarm for no apparent reason on a 1990 Comp ts6m

What is the "buzz" you speak of? RE: "pull the plug on the Buzz"

Is that the oil pressure or engine temp sending unit?

V-watersports
07-24-2010, 12:58 AM
I took my boat past my local auto/marine electrical expert and their advice was to pull out the little circuit board that the buzzer is attached to and there are four small components that have a dial on them.All i did was dialled the one marked oil back a bit and the buzzer stopped buzzing.

docdrs
07-24-2010, 12:40 PM
ya have any pics?

supra wacko
07-30-2010, 07:57 AM
It's also possible that the printboard needs to resoldered.
Mine had the same problem and I took out the printboard and saw that the soldering was old and loose.
But you can also set it a bit down the buzzing should stop then.

OUI
07-30-2010, 01:26 PM
90 Comp -- that was a typo the Buzzer. The buzzer and the plug are located under the dash on the left side. The right side if your under the dash. It's a little printed circuit board with the buzzer attached, and a 4 pronged plug that plugs into it. Pull the plug and spray some WD-40 in the plug and clean the prongs.