PDA

View Full Version : Wake The World Alabama

sidetracked3
07-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about a great event that I am going to try to do next year in Alabama. Not sure how many people on here live close enough to come but we would love to have anyone that can. It is called Wake The World. The idea came from a guy in North Carolina who does this every year and I had to honor of helping out in this year's event. We will take kids from local children's homes and take them out for a day on the lake. We will tech them to wakeboard, ski, tube or just go boat riding if they want. I have teamed up with Big Oaks Ranch( www.bigoak.org ) who has over 60 kids ranging from 6-19 years old. This will be a 2 day event next June 27th and 28th which is on a Monday and Tuesday. We want to do this during the week so there will be less traffic on the water. We will be doing this at Lewis Smith Lake in northern Alabama at Silver Rock Cove( www.silverockcove.com ). Anyone that is interested please let me know. We have 4 boats signed up already including mine. I would rather have to many boats than not enough. Here is the website from the guy that started all of this. http://waketheworldnc.com/ Thanks