PDA

View Full Version : 94 Supra comp

Freeridejt
08-11-2004, 02:44 AM
I just want to know what everyone thinks about the 94 comp closed bow. Fuel injected, depth finder. Great shape pretty stock. I want to make it work for wakeboarding and eventually and family boat. Any input?
Thanks
JT

Juice75
08-11-2004, 05:17 PM
If you can get a good deal, then go for it. I've had my 89 Comp for about a month, and I love it. The only complaint I have is that it sits so low in the water. If you add a lot of weight, then you'll have water coming over the sides when you stop fast, or go slow through some rollers. At slow speeds, waves will also come over the bow and get you a little wet.

I love my boat, but those are just a few things to keep in mind if you are planning on adding a lot of ballast to get a huge wake.

Freeridejt
08-13-2004, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the input. I test drove it today. I loved it, I bought it... Now I have to figure out the best wakeboard set up for it. I have a friend that is selling his 10' pole with board racks to me for 100 bucks. I will probably get the "fat seat" for weight. It needs a better stereo also, but I have that covered.

Any more input anyone?

I can't beleive I bought a boat today. I am sooooooooo happy

Juice75
08-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Congrats on the new boat! Post some pics in the Pride & Joy section when you get a chance. You can checkout my 89 in the post "My New Boat! 89 Comp."

That's a good price for the pole, especially with board racks attached. Those things are pricey! You may want to do a little research on the fat seat before you buy one. From what I've read on other forums, you can't really sit on them comfortably unless they are full. I think when the fat seat is full, it's like 1500lbs. You would need to add quite a bit of weight to the front of your boat to balance it out, probably like 500lbs at least. Add in a couple of riders, gear and coolers, and you're looking at 2500+lbs! The motor might chug a little with that much weight.

Here's a link to another option I see a lot of people using (the 680lbs single w/dual coolers on the right). I believe it will fit between your back seat and the motor cover.

http://straightlinewatersports.com/gear/launch-pads.php

I've babbled long enough. www.Wakeboarder.com is a good site for info. You can search "fat seat" to get some more opinions.

-Kraig

Nick H
09-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi

I run a 91 comp over here in England and we use her exclusively for boarding.
I have the wakeplate raised as high as it will go, around 250 lbs of ballast in the rear (sand and water ) and around 100 lbs in the nose. We use a 7 foot fly high and with a driver and two passengers carefully positioned we get a really sweet wake. Its not massive but its very clean and a really nice shape. Ive been warned by several knowledgable people that by putting too much wieght in an older boat that wasnt designed to take it, you run the risk of blowing the transmission.
With my setup the boat sits quite low in the water and does grunt a bit when I spin it round a tight corner.
My teenage son would have me load it up until it sank but its never going to be an X2 so why risk it ?

I hope you enjoy your supra as much as we do, shes a great boat.

Nick H