PDA

View Full Version : 1991 sunsport, to many problems

edgewater1
07-23-2010, 06:46 AM
I’m not a terrible complainer, but i have tried so hard working on my 1991 supra sunsport. Below is a list of everything i have done. yet i still have several problems; i blew a hole in my oil pan, has anyone had any experience with this, my boat leaks like a siv (spelling) were are common places that the boat would leak from, the steering is rough. these problems i have dealt with to some extent. the hole in the oil pan is not so serious so i patched it with marine-tex. i cant find any leaks? but i know it leaks. the steering is not that bad so i don't worry.

Replaced trailer
compounded sides
removed side vinyl
primed bottom
painted bottom
sanded fins/prop
swimming platform remanufacture
replaced speedo
clean/bleached interior
glued carpet
waxed sides
repaired engine cowling
replaced starter
drained gas tank
replaced gas filter assembly
replaced water pump impeller
placed water pump on backwards
then we put it on forwards
remanufactured risers
remanufactured manifolds
cleaned all exhaust lines
changed oil twice
changed plugs twice
repaired short in electrical
replaced starter solenoid
cleaned and checked all water lines
replaced all speakers

i will attach pictures soon,,, if the next problem isn’t it sinking.

for the short time i have driven the boat my engine has all kinds of power, the boat tracks with incredible might. it is the ultimate sking machine. I love the boat and i plan do do what it takes to make it right if not for this season it will be ready for next year. I again thank everyone for there help.

Memmer99
07-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Sounds like your on the right track. We have all done most of the maintenance that you've mentioned. It comes with owning a 20 year old boat. The hole in the oil pan seem a little scary though. Is the patch you put on heat resistant? It would suck to get half way accross the lake and when the motor gets warm the patch starts leaking. Hopefully you can get by with it for the rest of the summer then replace the pan over the winter.

Lets see some more pics. I've recently become a big fan of shiney old boats!

edgewater1
07-23-2010, 07:31 PM
yeah it solid, my boat still doesn't run right,
to add to the list 3 sets of plugs and a set of wires

edgewater1
07-24-2010, 01:52 PM
i found the problem, screwed ignition packs... YEAH
well skidim will be gent a nice chunk of change