PDA

View Full Version : Too hot to go to the river!

Blackntan90
07-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Well it has been 105 degrees for 3 days now! Just crazy, I dont do anything after the sun comes up- just sit here surfing the forums, wishing it would cool of a little so I won't melt when I go outside! We went to the river last weekend, and the water was 80 degrees- not to refreshing. And all the completly clueless people at the ramp made it hard to keep from blowing up at somebody! I wont even go into the part about what 'NO WAKE ZONE' means! But we did get to watch some Menonites skiing- alas nobody brought a camera!

warek1814
07-25-2010, 02:26 PM
In Houston TX it gets to be around 97-100 out and water temps in the 80's. When it's real hot like that we get to the river around noon. We will swim and hang out till about 4:00pm. Then we ride the last part of the day. It starts to cool of and the people that got there early in the morning are headed home for the day. The river we go to has hardly any traffic in the evenings from about 5:00pm till dark.

edgewater1
07-25-2010, 07:10 PM
i was talkin to some friends back in Annapolis it was 102 and steamy, sorry at least your engine runs ::(

Blackntan90
07-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I know I'm pretty lame for complaining, it could be worse!

cigars n scotch
07-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Yeah it was a damn hot weekend in the Northeast. We camped at a private lake and it was 100 degrees both days, water temp was high 80's. Not refreshing, but a few cool spots in the water could be found. It was my first time tent camping in the summer and I realized why. Damn it was hot. We spent most of our time in the water since it was just too hot to be on land. It didn't cool down much at night, with temps in the 80's and humidity high as well.

But we had a great time, heat and all....

wakejmpr
07-27-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm up here in Chicago and it's been in the 90's for the last two weeks and it's awesome. The lake is around 68-75 depending on where your at plus all the lakes sit around 80's. All the girls love the bath water me personally, I think it's nasty. But it's the same around here with the public launches at the rivers and smaller lakes. Complete mess. Bunch of wallys. Drive around with their fenders dangling from their boat. Usually wait until later to ride. Past 6 the water turns great and we throw down until the sun goes down. Red skys at night is a riders delight.

jet
07-29-2010, 08:44 AM
That's normal here...you can go at night. Jet

Ptownkid
07-29-2010, 10:55 AM
I'd rather have that heat than a strong breeze and lack of heat. It's been hovering around 25C here lately and it's starting to piss me off...

wakejmpr
07-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Damn cold weather in Canada. Take a little trip south of the border.

docdrs
07-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Ptown , its nice in Muskoka.....82 degree water