PDA

View Full Version : surf wake in comp/conbrio...

mapleleaf
07-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Finally got today and had a chance to load up some ballast (about 800lb) in the rear port side and really didn't have a good wave to surf. There was one sweet spot that was so small it seemed impossible to find. My guess is that the wave was too short and if we had more weight it might've worked. Anybody surfed their comp and have a good setup?? My next plan is to add 2-300lb to the walk through and maybe a little more to the port side. The boat def. seemed ready to take more weight so that's where I'm headed.....

87SunSportMikeyD
07-26-2010, 11:16 AM
My advise would be to stay away from bow weight. Bow weight is mainly used to add length to the pocket at the expense of wave height. You do this when the wave is too steep and pushes you into the swim platform.

I guess I would keep adding on the port side. A little on rear starboard doesnt hurt either as it sinks the butt of the boat making the overall size of the wave bigger.

mapleleaf
07-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Cool, I forgot to mention that we kept "beaching" ourselves on the platform so maybe a little weight in both places...

87SunSportMikeyD
07-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Yep then you are ready for some bow weight. Some people only use 100 but I use 350 right up against the port hull. More pics! :)

mapleleaf
07-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Yep then you are ready for some bow weight. Some people only use 100 but I use 350 right up against the port hull. More pics! :)

alright dawg....

blackout00
09-21-2010, 05:08 PM
I have been messing with our surf wake all summer. The best set up I have found is putting weight behind the driver seat and across the floor in front of the back seat. I am using the water jugs from Wal-Mart. It is about 250lbs, plus two people on the back seat. Then I also have one person sit in the front seat with an additional 100 pounds to the left of the driver seat. With this set up we were able to surf with no rope and ride the face. good luck!

Newbie girl
09-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Blackout00 - what make and model of boat do you have?

mapleleaf
09-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm going out for my last weekend of riding for the season, so I'll be messing with my set up that is def. getting better, going to put a lot of weight forward as last time out the pocket wasn't very long.......