PDA

View Full Version : 88 TS6M steering bracket

mbrts6comp
07-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Hello,

I am new to this site, but have gained lots of info already from a lot of the posts. My 19 year old son just bought an 88 TS6M pretty much in a basket and we are working on a father-son project restoration and re-assembly of pretty much the entire boat. It looks like the floor and stringers are ok for now as the engine bolts are tight and there are no weak spots in the floor. There are a couple of spots in the back where the gas tank bolts down, but I will fix that and hopefully get by for a couple of years before needing a complete stringer and floor replacement. After sorting through everything, I have found that we are missing the bracket that bolts on top of the drive shaft bracket, that the steering cable bolts on to. If anyone is parting a boat and has one of those, please let me know. Also in need of a wiring diagam for the dash, as all wires were unplugged and nothing was marked. Are there any service manuals available out there for these boats? Any help is appreciated for this project. Thanks!

riveredge
07-26-2010, 09:40 AM
I am parting out a 1985 comp (see thread in classifieds) and I do have the steering part you need. Do you need just the L-shaped piece or also the part that clamps to the steering cable?

I know you can get wiring diagrams for older nautique dashes (try planetnautique) and the gauges are pretty much the same, as they also used the same engines. Might be lucky?

mbrts6comp
07-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. I just need the L shaped piece with the 6 bolt holes in it. Let me know how to contact you for part and shipping costs and payment. Thanks!