PDA

View Full Version : Starting Issues

hawksfan
07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I took my Supra legacy 1999 out yesterday. Started great ran great all day. Stopped hung out at sand bar started great. At end of day took nice long cruise around lake and docked at launch ramp. When went to start to put on trailer engine just made the tik tik tik sound and wouldn't turn. Thought battery was dead and maybe had alternator issues. Engine compartment was very warm. got boat on trailer got home tested boat with water hook up and started right away. I think i might have to take my batter cables off starter and clean connection thoroughly.

Was wondering if anyone have had similar issues and what were the resolution if any. Thanks for any advice.

svahle
07-26-2010, 01:19 PM
I would start with the cable connections at the battery, solenoid, and starter. If that doesn't work, I'd turn your attention to the starter. Since it clicked (the tik tik tik you described), I would tend to think it isn't the solenoid or a relay as I think it would be completely dead if one of them was the culprit. Just my $.02. Good luck.