PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Average?

kodybyron
07-26-2010, 02:52 PM
my oil pressure seems to always be high...i did change the oil myself and put a tad too much in there (over the full line)....whats yalls run at? is this ok?

ill save another thread.... Also,
on my v drive 02 22'ssv is it ok to start the engine out of the water? if not is there a place i can hook up a water hose to?

Thanks in advance guys!

Fman
07-26-2010, 07:36 PM
my oil pressure seems to always be high...i did change the oil myself and put a tad too much in there (over the full line)....whats yalls run at? is this ok?

ill save another thread.... Also,
on my v drive 02 22'ssv is it ok to start the engine out of the water? if not is there a place i can hook up a water hose to?

Thanks in advance guys!

Kody,

My oil pressure in my Indmar 340 is about 35-38 PSI at idle and all the way up to 60-65 when towing. What pressure are you at?

You can purchase a fake-a-lake to hook up to your intake for your impeller suction under the boat. And, NO do not run your boat out of the water dry for any length of time, thats a bad idea. If you go with a fake-a-lake make sure and turn the hose on all the way before starting and do not rev up your motor excessively when its hooked up to the fake-a-lake. You can burn your impeller up if you dont have adequate water flow.

jaywidhalm
07-26-2010, 08:58 PM
I second FMAN. My pressure is about the same as his.

Do not run the boat without it hooked up to a hose. It will toast your impeller, and could damage the engine. There are a few threads on here on other ways to hook into a garden hose as well. Fake a lake is pretty simple though.

jzelt
07-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Even simpler/cheaper is get a plunger and a female garden hose adapter and drill a small hole and insert it. I did this for under $5.
The only difference is Fake-a-lake has an extendable handle. I just put a block of wood or brick under it.

I caution you to have someone keep an eye and make sure it stays tight to the bottom of the boat if you or someone else is climbing around/moving the trailer regardless if you go with the homemade one or store bought.

JohnnyH
07-27-2010, 07:13 PM
2008 22ssv indmar 340 40 @idle 65 high rpms