PDA

View Full Version : Surf Set Up

Bobblehead Chad
07-26-2010, 05:56 PM
I am curious on one's opinion of our set up. We use the same set up on the regular side for my wife and it looks tons better then the goofy side (for which I ride). Thre is a better curl and it appears the pocket is longer on her side.

Rear Surf Side = 750lbs plus another 600-800 on top.
Center bag = 1100lbs plus another 400lbs in the walkway.
No ballast weight on the non-surf side
Wake Plat 3/4 down going 13-14 mph

JoHNI_T
07-26-2010, 06:07 PM
try a bit slower, I ride at 10.5 to 11mp/h but the speedo's vary a bit.

I would get a few hundred pounds to the non surf side for goofy,, you the driver is the weight when she rides reg...

if your side is too steep then defineatley add weight to non surf,, it changes real quick so get wifey to drive and move some weight around until its right

to make pocket a bit longer more weight towards front.

I run
06 22ssv

1000 rear surf side
300 rear non surf
400 on floor surf side
1150 in the play pen

87SunSportMikeyD
07-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Supras are left hand rotation prop so the regular wave SHOULD be better. But ya you do have the driver weight too. Maybe experiment with moving some weight from stern towards bow a little.

ScottnAz
07-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Which boat Chad?

I've been experimenting with less weight these days to conserve fuel/etc. Findings have been good. With what you posted, I'd.....

Ditch the 400 in the walkway (OR add more surf side rear weight)
Slow down to 11
Start the plate @ 50% and raise as needed to clean-up the wave.

Bobblehead Chad
07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm in a 24SSV, I'll try adding some more weight on the non surf side and in the front with less on the surf side and slowing down.

Thanks for the advice all...............Chad

KG's Supra24
07-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Pull some of the weight out of the front for sure. It helped out my wake. I have the same boat, depending on your year and run ...

Surfside: 1100-1300
Nonsurf: 0-300
Bow: 400-700

I put ranges up there because sometimes we have a crew of 10 and sometimes its just 3 of us.

Adding more weight in the front will add some length. I add weight to the nonsurf if i feel it needs to be cleaned up. I have also found i need to adjust the speed up as i add weight to the bow to keep it clean. I have never gone as fast as you mention, though. I stay between 11 and 12.5. I find the cleanest wake with wakeplate closest a 1/4 from the right side of the gauge. I get confused by what is up or down and think people describe it differently.

Like ScottnAZ mentioned, i have started pulling some weight back and messing with it. I used to run the bow at 1180.

mapleleaf
07-29-2010, 07:11 AM
Supras are left hand rotation prop so the regular wave SHOULD be better. But ya you do have the driver weight too. Maybe experiment with moving some weight from stern towards bow a little.

Might be a bit dangerous, but with my stiff steering, I can get across to the port side and steer from there...... I also have a tiny boat and long arms!!!! Working on how much weight I need in this Conbrio to surf it....

ScottnAz
07-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Might be a bit dangerous, but with my stiff steering, I can get across to the port side and steer from there......
I think I might know of someone else that does this...... ;)