PDA

View Full Version : Gauges and switches do not work

eddietw00
07-27-2010, 12:31 AM
hello everyone I just bought a 2001 launch ss from a bank of america auction for 8000 dollars. the boat runs and drives great but none of the gauges or switches work, the boat is badly sun faded and I def have to redo the carpet and all seats. I have not gotten a chance to chase all the wires around this boat yet but I have pulled out the switch to the right of the driver seat, the control panel that all the switches plug into is all green and corroded. I have looked on line for hours where can I buy a new switch board.

Ptownkid
07-27-2010, 09:19 AM
First of all, welcome and congrats...even if you haveto sink 4-5k into that boat, that's a great deal!!!

As for the switches, my first plan of attack would be to contact skiers choice directly. Beyond that, pictures, type of switch and dimensions of the would be helpful in helping you. I'm in the electronic parts business so I can probably find the switches for you with more info.

Cheers

wakejmpr
07-27-2010, 11:44 AM
As far as I know you can't find supra parts online. Either directly from skiers choice or find a supra dealer near you to get them. If it were me I would inventory all the corroded contacts in each section of the boat. Make a note of how many wires are in each molex plug and replace them. You'll need special marine ones that have rubber seals as to prevent future corrosion. There is most likely more then one corroded contact in your boat so it's going to take some man hours to get this done. from your description that thing has probably been neglected for some time now and i would really worry about the mechanicals as well. There is also a thread on how to service a boat that's been sitting idle. I would check that out. It's in this section. However at that price that boat is well worth it. Like ptownkid said that's a sick deal on that boat. Try west marine's online site and see if they have what you might need. Good luck and throw up some pics.