PDA

View Full Version : Troubles!

JAKE HIGDON
07-27-2010, 09:30 AM
went to the lake yesterday and unladed the boat. noticed that my speedometers quit working. i knew then it would be hard to wakeboard without knowing what speed i was pulling. but we decided to wing it. on my first pull the transmission just shot out of gear it sounded like. any idea if the trans is shot? i can watch the shaft spin about a half a turn when it engages in gear but after that it free spins and grinds. B O A T
R U N H:
E T O O
A T U
K H S
E A
R N
D

Ptownkid
07-27-2010, 09:45 AM
oh man, break out another thou for sure...grinding sounds coming from the transmission are never a good sign...

wakejmpr
07-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Doesn't sound good. Most likely a stripped gear in the v drive trans case. You'll probably have to have it rebuilt which is a lot cheaper then a new one. But it's still going to cost a butt load. Repost this thread in the service and repair section. You'll get a lot more helpful advice with future problems and repair solutions.

wotan2525
07-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Check your tranny fluid... if it's white/mily than your transcooler is leaking. You MAY get lucky and be able to replace the fluid and get some friction back in your gearbox. They do slip when they become contaminated with water and hopefully you haven't done too much damage.