PDA

View Full Version : got my excercise yesterday!

JAKE HIGDON
07-27-2010, 04:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

went to the lake yesterday and unladed the boat. noticed that my speedometers quit working. i knew then it would be hard to wakeboard without knowing what speed i was pulling. but we decided to wing it. on my first pull the transmission just shot out of gear it sounded like. any idea if the trans is shot? i can watch the shaft spin about a half a turn when it engages in gear but after that it free spins and grinds.....could it be low on fluid? also would like some feedback on the speedo's i no one of the (things on the back of the boat that runs the speedometer ) is broke but the other is still intact but just quit working. where can somebody find parts for it? ps. i had to swim the boat about a mile back to shore lol so give me sympothy haha

Memmer99
07-27-2010, 07:57 PM
I bought these and they have been working great and are very easy to clean.
http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=769B

As for your tranny I'll keep my fingers crossed for low fluid but I think you may have more problems than that. There is a guy named Eric Lavine over on the correctcraftfan.com forum that knows everything there is about boat trannies.

By the way what kind of boat and tranny are we talking about here?

JAKE HIGDON
07-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks And Its An 85 Ts6m 351 With A Borg Warner Tranny I Pulled The Tranny Out Last Night And Found The Dampener On The Flywheel Was Shattered So I Now Call Myself A Transmission Mechanic Lol