PDA

View Full Version : Indmar Impeller

Mani
07-29-2010, 03:41 PM
I took my raw water pump off today to change out the impeller only to realize that the extra Impeller that was given to me (by the PO) when I bought the boat is not the right size. It's pretty much the same diameter but not the same width. It sticks about a half an inch out of the housing when pushed all the way down.

Long story short, I think it's an Indmar impeller and you guys are free to have it since I have no use for it. Any of you North Texas boys with an Indmar engine need an impeller, save your money and come to Plano, instead.

Mani
07-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Okay, seems that no body wants it. If ever you feel the need for a free impeller just PM me for it. If you pay for shipping I'll even UPS it to you. Just looking to help out a fellow boater.

ScottnAz
07-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Do you have a part number on that thing? It's awfully generous of you to offer it to us fellow Supra members.

Another idea.....can you cut it down so it doesn't stick out, and use it as an emergency back up?

Mani
08-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Scott, I'm sure there's a way to do it, but it's not worth the time and effort to get the cuts even and smooth everything out to create a good seal. I'd rather give it away than destroy it. :D

That being said, I have no part number. It isn't dry rotted, and these are the dimensions: 2 5/8 diameter by 1 5/8 tall with 12 splines. Shaft is the same as a sherwood pump for the 351w. It looks like the Indmar one they have on Skidim.

This was the reason I wanted a local guy to pick it up, so that if it happens to be the wrong impeller they don't lose anything but a quick drive.

Here's a picture
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/Jeepthing0708/IMG_1057.jpg