PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter parts breakdown

jeffreyk573
07-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Guys, I have made a very rookie(maybe because I am) mistake of removing the fuel filter from my Saltare, and didn't really pay attention to how the gaskets went on. I know this should kind of sound like a no-brainer, but I really want to put this together right. Does anyone out there have an exploded view of how the OEM Fram filter assembly goes together. I was so distracted with all the sediment in this thing that I just wasn't paying attention.

Salty87
07-30-2010, 08:40 AM
a 92 saltare...pics pics pics!!!

sorry, i don't have an answer for you. i tossed my oem filter and put a water separator filter in its place.

http://skidim.com/images/0508.jpg

beast 496
07-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Ditto, leave the old fram filter by the wayside, to much rust with the steel canister. Install a current production fuel/water separating filter like photo'd above. Al

jeffreyk573
07-30-2010, 09:11 AM
I'll try to get some pics up as soon as I can. And I'll be replacing this filter set-up soon. Not to mention where it's located is crazy.

rludtke
08-01-2010, 11:09 PM
I too have a simular cannister type water / fuel separator. I recomend replacing the cannister at the start of each season. The cannisters are a little expensive, but worth it.

I also installed an in-line hose fuel filter downstream of the pump, to pick up the fine stuff that the separator doesn't seem to get. This solved my flooding problems (junk was intermittantly jamming my needle valve open). I recomend making this change as well.

Cheers,