PDA

View Full Version : '04 Supra Launch or '04 Moomba Mobius LSV

jburnside
08-16-2004, 11:14 AM
We currently own a '03 Moomba Outback LS (first boat) and like the boat very much. But as with many first time boat buyers we are already looking to upgrade. My question is for a family of 4 (regularly 6-8 on the boat) who both waterskis and wakeboards which boat will perform the best (comfort and wake performance). I know the Launch is a D-drive boat and the Mobius LSV is a V-drive boat, sort of an apples to oranges comparison. What we are looking to get is a comparable slalom wake to our Outback LS and a better wakeboard wake. If we can do that in a V-drive that would be great, especially with the added room that comes with the V-drive seating. We are trying to stay around the $40,000.00 mark for the new rig so that is why I have not listed any of the Supra V-drive models. Also the additional length of the Supra V-drives makes them a no-go for fitting in the garage. Any feed back is appreciated.

NAW
08-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Jburnside- This is actually a comparison I make pretty often. A friend of mine has an '03 LSV and I an '04 Launch. Both wakeboard really well, but I feel the Launch ski's better. The standard wakeplate is clutch and a must for either boat you choose, along with at least the 320 EFI (325 in '05 models), ballast and probably perfect pass.

If you get in both boats, you will notice that the Launch is considerably deeper and wider than the LSV. Which makes it actually feel bigger than the LSV. I run 6-8 people (and more) in my Launch regularily and there is always ample room and storage space. The helm is well laid out and very comfortable, escpecially for a taller guy like myself. I don't fit very well in the LSV helm. More standard options in the Launch, on and on.

I guess my recommendation would be to go and drive/ride/ski both boats.

Just a little FYI, my '04 Launch promo is for sale in the classifieds and will fit well within your price range.

Good Luck!

jburnside
08-18-2004, 01:15 PM
NAW,
Thanks for the reply. The depth of the Launch is one of the reasons I felt we needed to look at it. Our current boat gets crowded sometimes, especially when we take our 75lb chocolate lab, so that's why I was also wanting to look at a V-drive config. But the Mobius LSV and my current Outback LS have the same hull so I know what the freeboard of this boat feels like. Unfortunately my wife has dipped the nose a few times on ours. I am leaning heavily toward the Launch for the freeboard reason and for the fact (as you also stated) that it skis better than the LSV. Thanks again for the reply. Just waiting for my dealer to let me know when he gets in a new LSV to make the final call. He has a couple of Launch's on his lot. I will also check out your boat in the classified section.

NAW
08-18-2004, 04:15 PM
yeah, no problem. I can take your boat in on trade at my dealership also.

Good luck, you can't go wrong with Skier's Choice!!

jburnside
08-18-2004, 04:46 PM
NAW,
Where is your dealer located in respect to the Detroit, MI area? Do you have both a LSV and a Launch in stock for a test ride? Both must have the EFI motor and hydraulic wake plate.

NAW
08-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Jburnside,
Located in Chicago, yes I have both. Please feel free to contact me offline at [email protected]

Thanks,
Neil