PDA

View Full Version : OT - Beer drinkers unite!

ScottnAz
07-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Any other beer guys out there?
My outdoor kitchen is setup for 2 kegs. For a while there, I had a couple kegs of whatever I wanted on tap. After gaining 30 lb's because I was drinking a dozen Hefe's or Pale's or K'lifter's each night, I decided I should stop filling BOTH kegs and dial it back a bit.

Beer of choice these days....... Kona Longboard

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-29.jpg

And just for the hell of it, a pic of the outdoor kitchen

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/LJH_1.jpg

ssmith
07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Nice outdoor kitchen! I'm super jealous. We are currently trying to sale our house....but its a tough market. If we do, we are building our "dream house" and putting in a pool and outdoor area like yours.

ScottnAz
07-30-2010, 10:52 PM
tough market...uh yeah, you don't need to tell me that....(construction guy since 92')
Dude, get that house sold! Get the dream house going, and I'll book a flight. We'll build the dream outdoor kitchen, shape a couple boards, and do some surfing....right there in TN! I have a good buddy that moved to OK, and he turned me on to BBQ'n a while ago, and now we BBQ 5 nights a week. Everything from basic burgers to rotisserie chicken or turkey with some bbq'd potatoes and corn and..... I'm starting to salivate a bit....
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj286/dvora072096/SMILEYS/drooling-emoticon.gif

brack
07-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Either Bud Select 55 or Bud Light lime.........and im with you Scott.... i either have my small grill going 2-3 times a week plus my larger Pit going on the weekend... My neighbors and myself like seeing who can make the area smell the best from the smoke......

brack
07-30-2010, 11:40 PM
forgot this......

ScottnAz
07-31-2010, 01:16 AM
forgot this......
Oooohhhh, looking yummy brack!!! Whatcha have scheduled this weekend?
We've got some simple stuff planned, chicken & stuffing on Sat. night, steak & potatoes w/corn on Sunday. And, of course, lotsa' BEER! Nothing fancy this weekend, just some Corona's, M-lights's, Stella's, and (in honor of the Tour de France) M-Ultra's.
For some reason the Bud products gives me the shhh.....it's..... :):)

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
07-31-2010, 04:08 AM
Craft Beer Rep here love all the goodness being made these days

ssmith
07-31-2010, 07:56 AM
tI'll book a flight. We'll build the dream outdoor kitchen, shape a couple boards, and do some surfing....right there in TN!

You're going to regret saying that :D . Heck, I'll book the ticket for you and order the board shaping supplies. It'll be here waiting on you :cool: . Of course we would have to work in a few days of surfing as well.

brack
07-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Scott , tonites menu is smoked whole chicken , venison sausage , roasted corn & stuffed jalepenos......and some Bud Light Lime......

tg0824SSVGG
08-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Here's what I just stuck in the smoker for a long slow cook:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs194.snc4/38022_1544071766882_1387647550_1440720_7647034_n.j pg

Grilled corn, homemade lemonade - may go get some jalepeno's too.

Thinking cole-slaw, but just had it 2 days ago -

Ice-cold watermelon

Only thing missing is YOU!

Todd

Mani
08-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Looks great, Todd.

I've been very partial to Sam Adam's Boston lager and the Winterfest for a few years now. A couple of weeks ago I went up to Boston and took a tour of their brewery. Nothing like free beer. :D

tg0824SSVGG
08-01-2010, 08:56 PM
The results -- which vanished like nobody's business.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs112.snc4/35978_1544492377397_1387647550_1441702_3087867_n.j pg

and

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs138.ash2/40260_1544510537851_1387647550_1441743_5057892_n.j pg

No pictures of the corn, coleslaw, or watermelon

Stuffed now. Those ribs were in the smoker for 7 hours, jalepeno's for 2.

ScottnAz
08-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow Todd, that looks yummmmmyyy!
I just got finished throwing down 1.5lbs of Steak, giant pile of bbq's potatoes, green beans, and about 96oz. of Corona........wishing it were Sammie's now that I've read Mani's post.

We should change the thread title to BBQ n' Brews or something...

brack
08-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey Todd , Looks great ..... question , how do you prepare your Peppers?? just wondering cuz i like looking and trying new recipes for em..

I like to clean out the peppers and stuff them with spicey boudin , cream cheese and Shrimp , then a nice slice of bacon

I also like to take a boneless chicken thigh , make a mixture of diced jalapenos , cream cheese and a spicey boudin , layer it in the split thigh , roll it up and wrap with bacon

The only thing done today was lotsa bud light lime inbetween me working on the teak off of my boat...

cheers to all , Mondays almost here...

ScottnAz
08-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Well, I'm off to Dairy Queen to top off the dinner with a nice 3000 calorie blizzard!! :cool::cool::cool:
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd61/ajhernandez21/DancingFatGuy.gif

tg0824SSVGG
08-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Brack,

I just reamed them out with my little jalepeno tool, then I stuffed them with a 50/50 mix of cream cheese and cheddar/jack shredded cheese, topped with bacon.

I decided not to do sausage or shrimp this time.

In my book, as long as you have bacon, how could it be bad?

Lots of good ideas on the smokingmeatforums.com about the ABT's (peppers)
as well as all other things smoked. I have had a request for a brisket
next weekend - last one I did in the smoker was AMAZING! Probably have to do
another pork butt for pulled pork soon too.

I don't do a lot of chicken, as my wife is "helicopter ride to hospital" allergic to all
things poultry - but I do some when I can.

Todd

I should have let them smoke for about another 30 minutes - I thought they were
GREAT, but a few people whined about the heat.

brack
08-01-2010, 11:27 PM
The Spicier , the better for me .... But not for my better half. When i do ribs , i usually smoke several racks the way i like to do them and then do one just for "those" people..."those" being people that arent to hip to a lil bite in their food I help a buddy out that does a lot of competition cooking and we are always looking to step up our cooking , to try to get that extra lil edge on other cook off teams . ....Man that stinks about the poultry alergies .

rludtke
08-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Brack, you look pretty seroius about your smoke!

This thread is making me hungry!

brack
08-01-2010, 11:49 PM
thats my buddys Pit , I had it over @ the house working on it the other day . mines not quite that big , but I do like to throw down some good food on the weekends . My favorite time of the the year is The end of FEB / 1st of March . This is when the Hoston Livestock Show & Rodeo has its Championship BBQ cookoff . 4 days of good food and good people .. Over a hundred entries with very elaborate BBQ pits/ smokers . LOTSA food and LOTSA drinks.......

rludtke
08-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Man, I think I am gettin' the smoke on when I put a turkey on the spit and some hickory chunks on my gas grill...

iwakeboard
08-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Great thread! I just recently bought an offset smoker for tailgating season and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about smoking. I've been learning alot at www.thesmokering.com, but haven't actually tried anything yet. I want to do ribs first because I think they'd be easiest, but I'd also like to try some wings and chicken. I'll need to prepare it the night before and take the food off the smoker in the morning before we roll our bus down to the tailgate round 6am, I'm just not sure how to properly keep it warm or warm it back up when it's time to eat. And for all you smokers out there who haven't had this, you must try it! It'll give you a heartattack at the end but it's delicious:

Meet....the Bacon Explosion!
http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

And not to neglect the original topic, cheers to the best beer ever:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/bottomsup/files/2007/07/guinness-draft1.jpg

tg0824SSVGG
08-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Ever had Guiness in Ireland? Way different than here - not just the processing,
but the way they pour it is important -- takes them about 2 minutes per glass -

My smoker is electric - I haven't ever taken it anywhere.

Also check out the smokingmeatforums.com for ideas.

iwakeboard
08-02-2010, 09:42 AM
I had a Guinness from Germany, never Ireland, but yes it was quite different and still delicious :D Regarding the pour, you're completely correct, there is a specific second count to complete the process (I'm thinking it's 1 min 48 seconds). There's an Irish pub near my house that's ran by a proper Irishman that prepares a spot-on Guinness. The name is Irish Times, if you're ever in the Knoxville area you must check it out, I recommend everything on the menu :D

Mani
08-02-2010, 09:52 AM
If you ever make it to a beer specific bar, like the Flying Saucer that has few hundred beers, and no liquor, they'll do a proper pour with a Guinness pint-spoon. Here in Dallas the best Irish pub I've found is Trinity Hall. Nothing quite like that place.

Speaking of a different beer drinking experience, so far every beer I've tried out of the funny shaped Sam Adams beer glass, has tasted richer and more flavorful.

iwakeboard
08-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I'd like to find a place locally to purchase that Sam Adams glass, I don't trust mailing glass.

Mani
08-02-2010, 10:12 AM
I'd say find a place BJ's pizza, or any other nation wide chain that brews its own beer. Sam Adams regularly sends boxes of those glasses to places like these and because their pints advertise their in house brew, they aren't allowed to use the Sam Adams glasses. They give them out to bar regulars and employees instead. If you ask for one, I'm sure they'll give it to you.

brack
08-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Put your ribs in an insulated cooler for your tailgating.....wrap em up in another layer of foil and they Will stay. Heated...word of caution , minimize your cooking time a bit becuase the meat will continue to cook being wrapped and stuck n the cooler

That bacon explosion looks like a heart attack in waitng....I do something similar with wrapping a whole pork loin with bacon......

tg0824SSVGG
08-02-2010, 11:04 AM
that bacon explosion is more commonly referred to as a "Fattie" - there are all kinds
of variations. I have not ever made one, but a co-worker has made many - and he
says they are AMAZING!

Takes the terminonlogy at work to an entirely new (risky?) level:

* I smoked a FATTIE this weekend
* I put the probe into the loin at the thickest part
* (and so on)

Okie Boarder
08-02-2010, 11:16 AM
mmmm, beer. (and bbq) I love good craft or dark beers. Newcastle, Sam Adams, Guinness and the list goes on. I drink those when I want to "enjoy" a beer. Normally I just drink various light beers as "at home" or "lake" brews.

I'm definitely a bbq lover. I have a grill (rarely used), offset style smoker, and a Weber. I primarily cook with wood or charcoal. I've made the bacon explosion a couple times...good stuff. I love doing whole chicken (brined of course) and pork butt (pulled pork) the most, but I have a lot of other favorites too. Stuff jalapenos are great too. Too much food, not enough time....LOL

Loadup
08-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I have not tried this yet. Place in oven 400 degs for 25-30 mins. or grill

brack
08-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Interesting....what else is inside....

Loadup
08-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Everything is held together with ground beef. You can cut hotdogs in half or use footlongs, A layer of cheese under bacon weave on top of G.B.

KG's Supra24
08-02-2010, 05:09 PM
We have done several variations of the bacon explosion. Delicous but you know each bite takes a couple minutes of your life. ahh well.

I used to be a big dark beer drinker (like the rest of you seem to be) but I have slowly been turning towards wheat beer.

Mani
08-02-2010, 05:52 PM
KG, I'm a fan of the Sam Adams Summer ale and Hoegaarden, as well. They're the perfect beer to cool off with when it's hot outside.

KG's Supra24
08-02-2010, 08:32 PM
I just tried hoegaarden a couple weeks ago. I liked it alot. Havent tried the sam adams. Sunshine is usually my go to wheat.

ScottnAz
08-02-2010, 10:17 PM
The Sam Adams summer is a good beer, as it seems all the Sam's are.
Here's a beer in honor of Shark Week on Discovery Channel

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-46-6.jpg

brack
08-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Time for some AIr Jaws !!!!

Harv
08-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Maybe I'm hallucinating because you guys have got me thinkin bout the weekend already and I'm sitting here at work at 7 am on a Tuesday, but I just got a brilliant idea!! How about a tailgating setup for the wakeboard boat eh?
Ok stay with me here, I've got a skier, remove the ski storage, Mount kegerator and grill facing the rear. Need to be a barrel type grill so the rack could hang and self level. You know, just saw a 1500 project boat........
Hmmmmm

ScottnAz
08-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Harv, there's no better way to get through the week than look towards the weekend.....
How bout' this

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/690572.jpg

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/690569.html

Harv
08-03-2010, 03:21 PM
We dig it man! Me and my old lady gonna be hangin with the bros!

ScottnAz
08-03-2010, 10:37 PM
We dig it man! Me and my old lady gonna be hangin with the bros!
I'm sorry I opened those pictures....

mapleleaf
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Geez my closest bud';s are tryin to put Ontario on the craft map, how'd I misss this one??? Goodtimes this summer enjoying Bell's two hearted IPA from MI and a ton of new Wiesse style beers from Toronto....(These may havge lead me to forget to put my gas cap back on this wekend, more to follow in Service an Repair...)

Harv
08-04-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm sorry I opened those pictures....

Yeah man, I know those pics were a bit on the "racy" side. We live large and party hard here in Southern IN and sometimes things get a little wild. We're just born into it I think. Heres some family photos that might explain a bit....
My kids first day at bible school got a bit out of hand....

And here's ol cousin Bullet, hes a WILD one!
So I hope that gives you a mere inkling of life here in LaLa land, where we throw down to get down!

Okie Boarder
08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Sam Adams Summer Ale is a good one when you want something refreshing.

sybrmike
08-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Washed this down tonight with a Shiner Bock - local Texas favorite brewed a few hours west of me.

The beer wouldn't stay still enough for a picture, but here's the grilled red snapper (caught em earlier today - sometimes entertaining clients is hard work) for fish tacos. Topped with grilled red & yellow onions, poblano peppers, mushrooms, garlic, & a little bacon.

brack
08-05-2010, 12:26 AM
thumbs up for the Shiner Bock !!

ScottnAz
08-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Harv - that picture of "your" kid is probably the single best picture I've ever seen on the internet. It is great! And your cousin Bullet......looks exactly like a plumber I use on some of my jobs :)

Weekend is approaching. I hope everyone is picking up some brew and bbq for the weekend? I haven't thought about what I'm cooking this weekend, I'm sure we'll just throw it together while we're at the store. Come to think of it, I think we have a whole chicken in the freezer awaiting the spit

Mani
08-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Hitting up the local butcher shop for this weekend.

There's a funny marinade that a culinary grad friend of mine came up with that's killer for steaks. There's this stuff sold at pretty much all major grocery stores called tiger sauce. Mix one bottle with a bottle of soy sauce and marinade your steaks. One hour out of the fridge or six hours in the fridge. The soy sauce acts a tenderizer and helps the tiger sauce penetrate the meat. The tiger sauce has a sugar content that can not really be tasted. If you're into Med-rare steak like I am, you just sear the steak and it caramelizes the sugar and traps all the juices. Hands down the juiciest steaks I've ever had. I know it sounds funny, but it's really quite tasty.

SybrMike, Shiner Bock is a great beer. Ziegen Bock isn't half bad either. I will say, I was not a fan of Shiner's smokehouse brew. It tasted like beer that had been syphoned out of a BBQ pit.

Mani
08-06-2010, 12:50 AM
BTW, Scott. Best off topic thread I've seen in a long time. Kudos, sir.

Okie Boarder
08-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Make sure you brine that bird before you put it on the spit. ;-)

Mani,

What quality of steaks are you usually doing when you marinade.

On the subject of beer, if any of you make it to So Cal and you're inland, there's a great microbrew in Redlands right by the airport. My brother took me there when we were visiting for Christmas. Also, BevMo carries a lot of their brews in that general area. If anyone is interested, I'll double check the name from my borther.

Mani
08-06-2010, 11:08 AM
The marinade I do on choice meat only. If I'm doing prime, I add nothing, as it needs nothing. Just cook her till she ain't ice cold and sent it out mooing.

tg0824SSVGG
08-06-2010, 11:46 AM
I am with you on that one Mani! I do have a spice mix I sprinkle (not rub) on better
meats. But -- I will try that one on the "London Broil" that we buy because it's
cheap, but can be a little tough.

I love the tiger stuff (used like A-1 sauce)

ScottnAz
08-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Added the Tiger and Soy sauces to the shopping list....
I usually have to burn my wife's steak, is it worth sticking hers in the marinade?
Reading back through the thread to find a new beer experience for the weekend :)

Mani
08-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Scott, soy sauce acts as a tenderizer, so I'd imagine it won't harm anything.

Another weird tenderizer I found is figs. Figs have a chemical called Ficin in them that is a strong tenderizer. We use a quarter of a fig (cant taste it at all) in 3 to four pounds of hamburger meat and it turns chuck into filet. Do not let it sit for more than an hour or two or the enzymes will over-tenderize the meat into mush.

As for the beer, KG's talk of wheat beer has me thinking about that line of brew, now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Are there any other beer or meat suggestions out there? I'm always up for trying something new.

KG's Supra24
08-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks for bringing it back up Mani .. I think I'll be stopping by the store on my way home from work now. I'll likely pick up a case of Sunshine or the Sam Adams Summer ale if i can find it. Sunshine is one of the new belguim beers. You real dark beer likers prob know them best for Fat Tire.

Speaking of the spirits, is AR the only state with dry counties? A dry county, for those of your who are fortunate enough to be clueless, is a county that doesnt sell alchohol. If anyone sells alchohol in a dry county, it will only be a restuarant and has to have a permit. Its pretty annoying!

tg0824SSVGG
08-06-2010, 05:19 PM
New Belgium brewery is in the town I work in ... :)

The county where Jack Daniels is made is or at least was dry - I think that is in Kentucky

KG's Supra24
08-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Just picked up 6 summer ales. Also noticed a cherry wheat but I didn't have enough hands after grabbing the wifes wine. Maybe next time.

Mani
08-06-2010, 07:13 PM
New Belgium brewery is in the town I work in ... :)

The county where Jack Daniels is made is or at least was dry - I think that is in Kentucky

It's Lynchburg, Tennessee. You are right. It is dry county. Kinda ridiculous when you put in perspective.

We have "dry" counties out here in Texas, but usually that just means no liquor. There are a few spots around the DFW area that sell no alcohol at all. I hear Kansas is pretty rampant with dry counties as well.

KG, Fat tire was the beer that got me to stop drinking Keystone light. What can I say. I was fresh out of high school, and keystone was 50 cents a beer in a 30 pack.

Boy, I sure wish some of you guys lived closer. I still do not trust any of my friends to be an all time driver, especially when it comes to loading and unloading, so I never get to drink out on the lake as I am always the DD.

ScottnAz
08-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Boy, I sure wish some of you guys lived closer.
There's a house for sale down the street.....:)

I stopped for some beer on the way home

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-46-8.jpg

Picked up some;
Samuel Adams Summer Ale
"Wheat Ale brewed with lemon zest and grains of Paradise"

Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy
"Beer with natural lemonade flavor"

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-47-2.jpg

Starting with the Leinenkugel's

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-48-1.jpg

ssmith
08-06-2010, 10:08 PM
It's Lynchburg, Tennessee. You are right. It is dry county. Kinda ridiculous when you put in perspective.

I've done the JD tour twice now and I'm amazed at the vast amounts of liquor in that little dry town. You can buy special commemorative bottles after the tour and they are the same price you can buy it anywhere else. My favorite part of the tour is where they have everyone gather around the filtration (charcoal filtration where they take pure alcohol and filter it) system and lift the lid and fan it several times...its the free way of taking a shot of JD and you can even taste it.

tg0824SSVGG
08-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Scott,

That looks JUST like the liquor store in our Sam's Club!

Todd

ScottnAz
08-07-2010, 12:32 PM
It definitely has a warehouse feel to it. There's a chain of liquor stores out of California that are making their way Westward, and like several chains before them (In n Out Burger, Del Taco, Sweet Tomatoes, countless residents..), the first stop is good ole AZ. Just a big shop with nothing but liquor and cigars, a dangerous place to go.

http://www.bevmo.com//Media/Images/UI/Logo.gif (http://www.bevmo.com//)

rludtke
08-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I am with you on that one Mani! I do have a spice mix I sprinkle (not rub) on better
meats. But -- I will try that one on the "London Broil" that we buy because it's cheap, but can be a little tough.

I love the tiger stuff (used like A-1 sauce)

I agree. Prime cuts require nothing but olive oil, a liberal coating of fresh ground salt (I load a pepper mill with sea salt rocks), fresh ground pepper, and a hot hot grill grate. One or two minutes per side, or enough to warm the center to about 140 degrees. If it is a thick cut, I may sear the outside several minutes per side, then switch to indirect heat to finish the center.

I cook my London broil the same as the prime cuts. Slicing it thinly diagonaly across the grain after cooking alliviates the toughness. London broil may actually have the best flavor of all beef cuts. I just love it, and its cheap too.

tg0824SSVGG
08-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Rick,

That's how I cut the London Broil too -- it does make a HUGE difference. We eat
a lot of it -- my wife is allergic to chicken, so we can't have that any more.

Last night, didn't have time for the smoker, so used the plain old gas grill ---

TURNED OUT FANTASTIC!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs253.snc4/40008_1552094727451_1387647550_1462680_2563637_n.j pg

1/2 a pork loin from Sam's ($1.69/pound) -- will make chops out of the other
half.

dshaff24
08-08-2010, 02:44 PM
this thread has got me so freaking hungry!! Lots of good ideas here! As for my brew Its Corona

ScottnAz
08-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Looks great Todd! I'll have to give pork another taste, my wife loves it, me....not so much

I was sitting outside watching the game while the food cooked, so I decided to take a picture for y'all
It's FOOTBALL SEASON, I love it!!!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/grilling2.jpg

Mani
08-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Todd, that looks great.

Scott, that is quite the set up you got there. I am more of an NCAA football fan though. I did catch a bit of that game once we got back from the lake, yesterday.

ScottnAz
08-09-2010, 11:37 PM
There's a funny marinade that a culinary grad friend of mine came up with that's killer for steaks. There's this stuff sold at pretty much all major grocery stores called tiger sauce. Mix one bottle with a bottle of soy sauce and marinade your steaks. One hour out of the fridge or six hours in the fridge.
Thanks for the marinade recommendation, gave it a roll tonight, and it was great. I think I let my steak soak a little too long because it was pretty strong, but my wife said her's was quite juicy despite being WELL done. It was certainly worth trying again, so thanks.
I washed it down with a few Corona's...... which is actually bad news because I've been trying to limit my beer consumption to Fri/Sat/Sun. I guess I get a pass because its football season and there was a Green Bay intersquad scrimmage on the NFL network.... that counts, right?

Hey Mani, who's your NCAA team?

Mani
08-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Hook 'em horns, UT. We got shafted last year. You got a team?

How hard is it to find this Leinenkugel's beer, Scott? I looked in two different beer stores that sell all sorts of speciality beers this weekend with no luck. Is it worth hunting down?

Mani
08-09-2010, 11:58 PM
So since we're on the topic of grilling and beer, I'm planning on buying a new propane gas grill. I can't afford that "mother of all BBQs" setup you have Scott, but does anyone have a recommendation for a good stainless grill in the $1000 to $1500 range?

rludtke
08-10-2010, 12:37 AM
So since we're on the topic of grilling and beer, I'm planning on buying a new propane gas grill. I can't afford that "mother of all BBQs" setup you have Scott, but does anyone have a recommendation for a good stainless grill in the $1000 to $1500 range?

My recomendation is buy the biggest unit with the most amount of burners, (including the rear radient burner for the rotissery) you can afford. Ignore the side burners, I never use them. I prepare my sauces in the kitchen.

You want many burners so that you can configure for indirect heat. I often cook my steaks and chops starting over the inboard two burners, then switch to the outboard burners to finish the center of the meat. I've done roast this way too. I sear the outside of the roast, chops or steaks over direct heat to lock the juices in, then switch to indirect finish the center to the desired temp (going for medium rare on a thick cut for instance, or to not burn the chops while getting the center cooked to 180 degrees). If my grill is fully loaded with meat, then I simply turn the heat down to low to finish the steaks or chops.

Having lots of burners and grill real estate allows you to cook meat at high temp, while cooking vegtables at lower temps all at the same time. I often run out of grill space, which can be frustrating when you are trrying to prepare the whole meal on the grill, and have it all finish at the same time.

I love my rotissorri, and use it a lot. The best thing about the rotisorri is that you can leave it alone, it doesn't need constant babysitting like other grilling methods. This allows me to multi-task, and prepare other stuff int he kitchen. I broke my first motor on too large of a turkey, but found a super-sized motor (can turn 40#s of meat) on ebay stores that fit right on with only small modification. I use the rear radiant burner and run the outside burners on low when rotating meat. The outboard burners provide indirect heat, as the meat on the spit is not directly overhead (direct heat is too much for slow rotisery method, and i've caused big fires doing this, the drips in the drip pan catch fire, with horrible results ;o). This produces an oven temp of 350 degrees (I keep an oven thermometer inside to be sure of what's happening) Running the radiant burner alone nets about 250 degrees, but I never seem to have the time availible to cook that slowly. The low burners will do a nice job of smoking chunks and chips of hickory (I put the chips in a smoker box placed on the grate or the flavorizer bars if the grate is removed. The chunks I just put directly on the grate or flav bars) if I want to add some smoke to the flavor mix. I would love to have a separate smoker box burner like the fancy Webbers have, but it isn't absolutley needed, I get by without.

I don't own a Webber, but I sure drool over the big Webber Summit: http://weber.com/explore/Grill_details.aspx?glid=3&mid=20

My grill is a four burner stainless Nexgrill that I found used for $250. I have replaced the burners once now. This grill has proven to be very functional, and I use it two to three times a week year-round. I've had it over a year now, it seems to be holding up well enough. http://www.nexgrill.net/pdf/720-0025.pdf

My $0.02

Okie Boarder
08-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Yup, good cuts of meat I do about the same. Olive oil, sea salt, ground black pepper and a little garlic powder. I also do them exclusively on charcoal. I get the temp full blast, usually around 500*. I sear for 4 minutes per side and then flip again for extra cooking. For almost rare, I pull them off after the 4 minutes per side. For medium to medium rare I cook for 2 minutes more per side. I never do indirect with a good steak.

I've been experimenting with some indirect cooking on charcoal lately. I just bought a new charcoal grill (Weber One Touch Gold 22.5"). I've done whole chicken (brined of course), tri-tip roast, and just did a pork tenderloin (also brined) this past weekend.

I absolutely love BevMo. Wish we had one out here. I stocked up when we visited the family in Cali. Also ate several times at In-N-Out and Del Taco...yummmmmmm!

87SunSportMikeyD
08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Wow the beer thread turned into a carnivore thread hahah!

For the record I am a very seasonal drinker, both beer and hard liquor. Bud light and whiskey in the winter, anything mexican and tequila in the summer. Corona, Bohemian, Red Stripe, Dos Equir Amber, pretty much anything hehe!

I have FINALLY started brewing my own beer, a hobby I have been trying to get into for a while now. My first brew, a golden ale, is fermenting now, should be drinkable in a week or so. Found myself a quarter barrell keg and a free fridge and we're gonna make a kegerator! Yessssssssssss! I WILL have pics.

tg0824SSVGG
08-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I used to do home brew, and was about to move into doing Kegs many years ago - when all the local places around where I live started making Fat Tire, 90 Schilling etc -- I could
never top them, so I quit home brewing.

Then I drank wine almost exclusive for years, now -- whatever, but my taste
in beer is more towards the lighter stuff anymore -

rludtke
08-11-2010, 11:50 PM
About 10 or 15 years ago (i'm so old I cant remember anymore), i learned that I am a celiac, which means that I can't have wheat or barley, and numerous other less common grains that have gluten. So this ruled out beer. Back then, the docs wern't sure about highly refined alchohols, so I became primarily a wine drinker. I would only drink potatoe vodka (surprisingly hard to find at the time), or tequila and other non-wheat or barley based hooch. Now the doctors have decided that all liquors are refined enough to be safe regardless of the grain. Unfourtunatly, during my absence, I've lost my taste for single malt scotch!

Craft brewers suffering the same disease as me began brewing beer from sorgum, which is gluten-free. I have sampled some of these buy mail order: really really good, but unsustainable prices. Fortunatly Budwieser now makes a gluten-free beer called Red Bridge, and it is showing up on the store shelves. Its pretty good, something like a Killians Red. Keep some in your fridge in case you ever have a celiac over for dinner. The disease has become much more diagnosed lately, that it is very likely that you know someone who has it.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-12-2010, 10:39 AM
You should be able to find 2 or 3 other brands that are gluten free, if the store has a wide enough selection. fyi

Okie Boarder
08-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Has anyone tried the Stone Brewery line? Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, etc.?

Mani
08-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Okie, isn't that the one that tells you to not drink the beer on the label?

Okie Boarder
08-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Hmmm, I don't recall it saying that.

Mani
08-12-2010, 12:01 PM
A friend of mine mentioned it to me about two weeks ago.

Here's what I'm talking about. It doesn't directly tell you not to drink it, but it's still funny.

http://www.edmcdevitt.com/assets/images/Arrogant_Bastard.gif

Okie Boarder
08-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah! I remember that. Last time I drank that one was 7-8 years ago. When I was at BevMo in CA this last Christmas I just got their Smoked Porter and it was something different they had printed on that one.

Loadup
08-12-2010, 03:55 PM
For those close to Chattanooga TN, the 16th annual Southern Brewers Festival is on Sat. Aug. 28th. 30 brewers and over 70 different beers.
With music by Big head Todd and the Monsters.

rludtke
08-13-2010, 12:30 AM
You should be able to find 2 or 3 other brands that are gluten free, if the store has a wide enough selection. fyi

Probably true, sometimes I forget that I live on an island...

87SunSportMikeyD
08-13-2010, 10:08 AM
I went out and blew some money on supplies for a kegerator. :) Got a cheap keg and a free fridge, so I figured why not? But doh it got expensive. Not smart when I have the boat repair to pay for still.

ScottnAz
08-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Got a cheap keg and a free fridge, so I figured why not? But doh it got expensive. Not smart when I have the boat repair to pay for still.
Boat repairs are much easier when there's beer involved, so good choice on getting the kegerator set up :)

I stopped in this afternoon to pickup some Arrogant Bastard Ale....... I'll admit, I'm not man enough to pay $17 per 6-pack for this stuff.... I passed.
Instead, I picked up a bottle of Fischer Amber. More for the bottle design than anything else, Lorrie and I thought it'd be a cool (empty) bottle to display in our outdoor area. Of course, I'd HAVE to drink the contents :rolleyes:
Plus tonight's menu

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo1-2.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo2-25-3.jpg

I will say, though, it was a very tasty brew. I recommend

ScottnAz
08-13-2010, 11:01 PM
How hard is it to find this Leinenkugel's beer, Scott? I looked in two different beer stores that sell all sorts of speciality beers this weekend with no luck. Is it worth hunting down?
Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth trying to hunt down. If you happen to run across it, I suppose it's worth a shot. It had more of a...... Mike's hard lemonade taste to it. The Sam's summer, of course, was a much better tasting "summer" brew. I picked up the Leinenkugels because it was there, on the shelf, and I said why not.

This thread has really got me looking at other beers in the stores, it seems I'm trying something new each weekend.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Yeah the Shandy is more like lemonade than beer imho. Dont care for more than a sip. The ladies like it though.

ScottnAz
08-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Shishkabobs and fried green beans tonight. I ran out of Head Country spices/seasonings, so I stopped by to see my buddies at the BBQ shop http://www.bbqislandinc.com/
One of the guys down there is a fellow Supra owner, and former rider for Liquid Force. I'm yet to get him out on my boat though

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-48-2.jpg

I decided to pick up a few new spices to try.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-47-3.jpg

I marinaded the steak in the Head Country marinade for a little over an hour, then sprinkled some of the Bovine Bold on the steak before throwing the skewers on the grill. Wow, is all I can say, the steak tasted great. I seasoned the Chicken with the Three Little Pigs, which was tasty, but, admitadely, I over-cooked the chicken just a touch.

Tonights beer is Corona, and GO CARDS!!!

brack
08-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Did a number in the 4th QTR on the texans tonite........

Mani
08-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Went to the beer store yesterday and picked up the last case of Sam Adams summer ale that they had. Turns out it's Octoberfest now. We're moving into fall soon enough.

Also picked this up and it was a very tasty beer. Had a bit more bite to it than I expected from a summer ale, but still a very good beer.

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/Jeepthing0708/2010-08-14172139.jpg

Okie Boarder
08-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I used to get the big bottle of Arrogant Bastard so it was a little more reasonable cost wise. I like getting beer with cool bottles to display too. Speaking of good beer and cool bottles...

http://blogs.wvgazette.com/beerstoyou/files/2009/11/chimay.jpg

If your wife likes cool bottles, one fun thing to do is get a wine that has a cool bottle. Once the wine is gone, go buy one of the stopper pouring spouts like they use in the bar and fill the bottle with dish soap, then put it on the counter next to the kitchen sink.

ScottnAz
08-16-2010, 09:37 PM
I had the 20 oz. bottle of arrogant in my hand for a while, but dang, it was still $6+, I was having a definite moment of cheapness.....or, I knew it'd go down in 30 seconds, and thought I was better served throwing down a 6-er of M. Lite http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/axiemeluv/Smiley/LaughingSmile.gif

I like the idea about the wine bottle, buuuutttt, the indoor kitchen is too clean/kept/proper, so she wouldn't let a wine bottle fly on the counter by the sink. The outdoors is where we get to unwind and cut loose. Let's see..... how can an empty wine bottle serve us after it's original life...
salt and pepper shakers were handmade by one of my daughters as a fathers day gift - so that's out.... if it's a shorty bottle - maybe fill it with spices for the que.....sauces - but they you'd have to refer it....spittoon - now that's just gross

dusty2221
08-16-2010, 10:39 PM
I had the 20 oz. bottle of arrogant in my hand for a while, but dang, it was still $6+, I was having a definite moment of cheapness.....or, I knew it'd go down in 30 seconds, and thought I was better served throwing down a 6-er of M. Lite http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/axiemeluv/Smiley/LaughingSmile.gif

I like the idea about the wine bottle, buuuutttt, the indoor kitchen is too clean/kept/proper, so she wouldn't let a wine bottle fly on the counter by the sink. The outdoors is where we get to unwind and cut loose. Let's see..... how can an empty wine bottle serve us after it's original life...
salt and pepper shakers were handmade by one of my daughters as a fathers day gift - so that's out.... if it's a shorty bottle - maybe fill it with spices for the que.....sauces - but they you'd have to refer it....spittoon - now that's just gross

Too easy! Fill em up with citronella an use em to keep bugs away. All you need is some oil and wicks.

PoPz
08-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Here's a pic of a kegerator i just installed in a pool house we built. It was sweet 15 inch wide fridge holds a 5 gallon keg. We had a 30 inch limitation and they wanted the kegerator and a beverage fridge. Found this perlick fridge.. thing cost a grip but worked out well..

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs044.snc4/34575_140949702590826_100000273900857_330005_23300 24_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs112.ash2/38962_140949762590820_100000273900857_330017_65141 61_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs112.ash2/38962_140949759257487_100000273900857_330016_33556 52_n.jpg

Mani
08-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Finally picked up my new weber today. Ran by the butcher's shop on the way home and picked up about ten pounds of meat. Here's the first batch of it, and the first time grilling with my new toy.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs198.ash2/46129_10150233186920034_522820033_14101308_652583_ n.jpg

tg0824SSVGG
08-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Mani,

Making me HUNGRY!!!

ScottnAz
08-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Popz, that's a lot of stuff crammed in to the space, but looks nice and functional. https://forum.supraboats.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Look how shiny and new that grill is.....purdy! Give us more info, which model did you decide on? Lets see a full pic of that sexy thang.

ScottnAz
08-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Tonight's menu was;
steak marinaded in Stubb's beef marinade for 2 hours
beef ribs seasoned with Three little pigs BBQ rub and AZ Hatch seasoning, topped with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
broiled corn
chopped potatoes grilled with veggies

Beer was/is Miller Lite. I need to order some beer line cleaner for my keg lines before I pick up my next keg(s). I need to put that on the front burner though, high school football starts next weekend and we're walking distance to our Alma mater, which is the same school our daughter goes to now. I just love to remind her that her dad's picture is hanging in the gym and anytime she feels lonely she can just wander in there..... :)

Mani
08-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Stubb's and Sweet Baby Rays always have a place in my pantry. Good choice, and it's sounds awesome.

What did you get your picture up for? Football?

Highschool football around here is taken very serious. Plano had a great team a couple of years ago and I went to a bunch of games. We ranked #8 in the rivals ranking, but last year we didn't even makes top 100.

ScottnAz
08-21-2010, 10:32 PM
What did you get your picture up for? Football?
Yep, football!!! (I made it to the "paying" ranks of the game) My wife calls me Al Bundy because I'm always talking about the "5 TD passes in a game"..... Back in the day, we were top 5 in the Nation at one point. Which, as you know, and being from Texas, that is a huge deal, especially for a school from AZ. Texas is an entirely different level and enthusiasm for high school football than most states. The top AZ high school football coach from the 80's/early 90's moved to Texas to try and make a name for himself....... he returned to Arizona after 3 season's with his tail between his legs. TX football is no-joke.

Hey Mani, shoot me a PM with your address, I want to send you a couple spices/sauces to try out.

rludtke
08-22-2010, 01:38 AM
I like Stubbs too. Much of the Stubbs sauses are gluten free. The Stubbs moppin' sauce is great for ribs...

Rusty Griswold
08-22-2010, 10:56 AM
My son an friend discussing what beer they like.

Mani
08-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Rusty, what kinda beer are they into?

As requested, here's the picture's of the grill when I brought her home, and also a sampling of what's for dinner tonight. Tilapia and Steelhead.

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/Jeepthing0708/IMG_1124.jpg

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/Jeepthing0708/IMG_1125.jpg

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/Jeepthing0708/IMAG0010.jpg

Come on guys, I've gotten a bunch of good ideas from you guys. I'm even going to give cooking the London broil a shot, and I hadn't even heard of that. Let's keep this thing going.

ScottnAz
08-27-2010, 09:32 AM
That's a great looking grill Mani, Weber makes such a nice product https://forum.supraboats.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
And the Tilapia and Steelhead look good. How'd it turn out? We used to do a lot of fishing and eating of Rainbow growing up, but since I met my wife, I haven't had much fish. She's not a big fan, so I have to try and cook it while I'm cooking something else for the rest of the gang.

We're heading up to hang with my Aunt/Uncle at their lake house for the weekend. We have Friday night dinner, which will be Stubb's steaks, sliced potatoes, green beans, corn, and salad, nothing fancy. They've got Saturday night dinner, which I believe will be smoked chicken, veggies, and ?. He puts the bird on the smoker in the morning before we hit the water for the day.

ScottnAz
09-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Ok, I'll admit....... I drank a 12-pack tonight :)
Should I be proud, or embarrassed?

I did have some beef ribs to go with the beer, however.

brack
09-02-2010, 12:26 AM
......its OK , the ribs made it OK...hehehehehe

tg0824SSVGG
09-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Friday's adventure:

* flat brisket
* 2 pork butt's

Didn't take an after photo, here they are ready to go into the smoker.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs191.ash2/45401_1577779089544_1387647550_1533680_247396_n.jp g

Rusty Griswold
09-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Rusty, what kinda beer are they into?

As requested, here's the picture's of the grill when I brought her home, and also a sampling of what's for dinner tonight. Tilapia and Steelhead.

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/Jeepthing0708/IMG_1124.jpg

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/Jeepthing0708/IMG_1125.jpg

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/Jeepthing0708/IMAG0010.jpg

Come on guys, I've gotten a bunch of good ideas from you guys. I'm even going to give cooking the London broil a shot, and I hadn't even heard of that. Let's keep this thing going.

That is the exact grill I have. I did have a freindl put the lid down on the side burner with it still on and it toasted the knob. Great grill I converted it to propane off the house. works great. Beer of choice.

Okie Boarder
09-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Ok, I'll admit....... I drank a 12-pack tonight :)
Should I be proud, or embarrassed?

I did have some beef ribs to go with the beer, however.

Did you wake up on the floor fully clothed?

ScottnAz
09-02-2010, 10:14 PM
......its OK , the ribs made it OK...hehehehehe
That's what I thought too ;)

Did you wake up on the floor fully clothed?
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii262/shalumalaka/Emoticons/icon_lol.gif http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii262/shalumalaka/Emoticons/icon_lol.gif I actually slept better than I have in a while, and yes, fully clothed in the morning, and still in bed, not in the front yard http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii262/shalumalaka/Emoticons/icon_lol.gif

Okie Boarder
09-03-2010, 08:59 AM
If you made it into the bed fully clothed, you're good. No reports from the neighbors of you going streaking right?

Okie Boarder
09-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Here's the latest for me...finally got a chance to do some bbq since the move. It's been hectic. I got a variety pack of Sam Adams (Black Lager, Irish Red and Coastal Wheat). All great beers. Cooked a pork shoulder on the smoker and also did some onions and cheese stuffed tomatoes. Good stuff!

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_9587.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_9589.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_9590.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_9591.jpg

I'm going to do a couple chickens here in a week or two with some friends. I'll probably brine them and either cook them on the smoker or indirect on the charcoal. I'll make sure I get some beer and food shots on those, as well.

tg0824SSVGG
09-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Looks GREAT!

tg0824SSVGG
09-06-2010, 06:16 PM
The place my wife works (a fitness center) has been moving to a new facility for
the last month -- it's been crunch time and we've worked ALL last week and weekend
getting things ready. I took them all a healthier lunch today (they've been eating
pizza and crap, just easy stuff).

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs431.snc4/47438_1590624210664_1387647550_1566207_4444508_n.j pg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs612.snc4/59275_1621317336954_1357076074_31750475_4381496_n. jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs302.ash2/58188_1621314536884_1357076074_31750469_7548829_n. jpg

dshaff24
09-06-2010, 10:32 PM
I cooked my first thing of chili and it was awesome so now im looking to cook up some ribs..

Im looking for some good old home made bbq rib recipes and this thread seems like we got the best of the best!

Does anybody else cook them in a over first then grill them? Whats your method? I only have a big 4 burner stainless grill and an electric oven so bare with me!

Okie Boarder
09-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Looks yummy and healthy!

sybrmike
09-07-2010, 04:55 PM
With just a gas grill and an oven - I'd season em up liberally (to make up for lack of charcoal or smoke), then sear them real good (all sides and ends) over a hot hot grate (infrared if you've got it on the gasser) to seal the juices in, then wrap tight in aluminum foil and finish off for a few hours @ ~325 in the oven. My neighbor (no smoker) uses this method & they fall off the bone.

ScottnAz
09-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Ribs are tricky sometimes, a lot of trial and error. If there's one thing to remember, it's "slow and low"

1st option is low and indirect heat for a couple hours. Indirect heat to avoid flare-ups. Use the top rack of the grill, or have the outside burners on with the ribs in the middle.

2nd option is to put them in the oven @ 250 for an hour, then finish em' up on the grill @ about 300 for an hour.

I've screwed up my share of ribs, and certainly haven't figured out the secrets to perfect ribs. I have been talkin' "rib cooking" with a good buddy of mine that now lives in OK (he's a sooner boy, but I don't hold it against him :)), and he makes some damn good one's!! We send each other grillin-text's every weekend, so here's his from this past weekend

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-47.jpg

Okie Boarder
09-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah, ribs are tricky with a grill, but the suggestions so far are good. You could also keep them on the grill wrapped in the foil after searing and also set a smoker box in there and keep filling it with wood chips for a good smoky flavor.

Scott,

Where is your buddy at in OK?

Mani
09-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Wow, I've missed some good ideas being in Missouri for the past week. Sounds like I need to run by the butcher's and the beer store to try some of this stuff out.

Salty87
09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
i've been in the mechanical section too much...great stuff going on here.

cameron's stove top smoker...about $50 online...

http://dyn-images.hsni.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/402430?$pd300$

they work great. can use it on stove top, on the grill, on a campfire, in the oven...
they're great for small batches like smoking a few pieces of chicken, a couple of steaks, rack of ribs, veggies. you can smoke bigger things by making a tent out of foil instead of using the lid that comes with it. as a bonus, the house smells like a bbq joint for a day or so.

here's a recent rack of baby backs....45 mins on the stovetop smoking. then 45 mins in the oven on 200 degrees and lastly a few mins under the broiler after brushing some sauce on. add more oven time if you want them to fall apart.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/salty87/DSCF1343.jpg

they stay in the same pan the entire time and it all goes in the dishwasher.

the smoke ring isn't the same as a big smoker but the taste is.

ScottnAz
09-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Scott,

Where is your buddy at in OK?
He's in Oklahoma City. I love to piss him off with this picture.....

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-48.jpg

Where you been Salty??? Why would you want to talk about mechanical problems when there's a great discussion about beer and BBQ going on in here..... :) That stove top smoker looks like a nice alternative to a full blown smoker, plus, those ribs look gooood!

I've got ribs (haven't decided on the side dishes) planned for the Cards game this weekend. The plan is to hang in the pool, with a beer or 12, and watch the game while the ribs cook. Oh man, is it Sunday yet??

Okie Boarder
09-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Cool. I'm in Edmond. We're a stone's throw away. Is he a boater / wakeboarder too or just a lover of bbq?

ScottnAz
09-09-2010, 11:15 PM
He's a big time BBQ'r, and loves to take out the bass boat (but I don't hold that against him)
Here's a couple pictures from last summer when I was able to drag him out to the lake during a visit

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/LJH-8.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/LJH-82.jpg

Okie Boarder
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Well, tell him he is welcome to come with us anytime for some fun or to bbq. I wouldn't mind going out fishing with him, as well. ;-)

ScottnAz
09-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Okie, I'll let him know he's got a new fishing buddy. He keeps trying to get my and Lorrie out there for a visit, but I don't know.

I grilled up some fajitas for the family tonight.
Here are the spices/rubs I used. The Pineapple Head went on the chicken, nice and heavy, and the Triple-S (7 Steak Spice) went on the steak and then another dashing on the steak and veggies as they cooked

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-49-2.jpg

Frying up, I've got the chicken (which I sliced up after cooking) with the peppers on the top rack, and the steak and veggies in the basket on the bottom.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-49-1.jpg

Also threw a couple cans of beans on the side burner in a pot with 1/2 a bottle of Stubbs regular BBQ sauce and 1/2 a bottle of Stubbs spicey BBQ sauce. Simmered that on med heat for 15 minutes or so to get them cooking, then let them sit on low heat for another 15. Makes for a great spoonful of sauce and baked beans. (sorry, no picture here)

Washed it all down with some Landshark Lager tonight

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-50-1.jpg

It was really a great meal tonight, and pretty quick and easy.
Clean up was a snap.

ScottnAz
09-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Well, I decided to cook the ribs tonight, and screwed em up. All was going well, an hour on low (200 degree) heat, then cranked it up to 300ish for the second hour (still indirect). About 45 minutes in, I moved the ribs over the flames (still top rack), 15 seconds later I had a juice fire going, and knew I was screwed. We started dinner late, and i got impatient. Once past the crispy shell, they were nice and juicy inside, but I'm still disappointed. :-(

For the Cards game tomorrow (Anderson vs. Bradford, wow, what a game) I'm going to do some wings, then throw a chicken on the spit for dinner. :)

ScottnAz
09-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Cooked a pork shoulder on the smoker and also did some onions and cheese stuffed tomatoes. Good stuff!
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_9591.jpg
Give us the low down on those tomatoes, they look perrrrfect!

tg0824SSVGG
09-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Scott -- it happens. As long as it is infrequent, you're still the MAN!

Ate the last of the smoked chicken tonight - thinking about the next "smoke"

Okie Boarder
09-13-2010, 10:46 AM
scott,

Love the wok an veggies. A friend of ours got us into that. We marinade the veggies in italian dressing and grill them in the wok. Usually we do mushrooms, onions and various peppers. I like the strips of steak in with the veggies...great idea. What kind of steak was it?

The tomatoes were awesome...cut the top off and scoop out the seeds, then add the following:

Rye bread chunks
Feta Cheese
Asiago Cheese
Shredded monterey jack cheese
Bacon bits

Cook them on the smoker for 30-45 minutes at around 225-250.

I was thinking about trying them on the charcoal grill sometime when we're doing steaks (grilling), but cook them earlier than everything else. Set up the charcoal for indirect, cook the tomatoes, then rearrange the coals for direct.

Mani
09-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Okie, thanks for posting that recipe because I was wondering as well. They look great.

Grilled my first pork loin on the new grill today.

Here's the ingredients list (other than pork):

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/Jeepthing0708/IMAG0019.jpg

Here's the final result. It only took about an hour with indirect heat on the top rack. Flavor from the spice and sauce was awesome. Darn thing was so juicy it reminded me of eating watermelon. LOL

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/Jeepthing0708/IMAG0020.jpg

A big thanks to Scott for the supplies. It's much appreciated.

Okie Boarder
09-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Mani,

Glad to provide it.

Something you might try with the tenderloin that will mae it even more juicy is to brine it ahead of time. Since you are using a rub and sauce, you could limit the flavors in the brine. Maybe just do some salt, brown sugar and fruit or garlic.

I did a tenderloin not too long ago on the charcoal using the indirect method after brining it. Turned out awesome!

ScottnAz
09-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Glad to be of service Mani. That BBQ sauce is the best!! I think I've come up with a wing sauce concoction for you to try.

I grilled up some wings for the Falcons route of the Cardinals today. Wings turned out fantastic, and I think I'll document them for you guys next weekend. I didn't take any pics of them today, sorry.

For dinner, we did a little bit of everything. Steak and peppers/mushrooms in the wok pan, sliced potatoes in the tin pan, thin chicken tenders up top, and also a couple beef ribs up top. I use steak sliced for stir-fry in the pan with the veggies.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-50-2.jpg

Here's a shot of the seasonings.
I put the Plowboys on the steak and veggies, the BBQ rub on the ribs, and the Pineapple Head on the chicken and potatoes. Anyone that can't get their hands on the Pineapple Head, shoot me a message, this stuff is just fantastic on chicken and pork

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-49-3.jpg

Beer (s) of the day were pretty simple..... Corona, Miller Lite, and Ultra. I need to get the keg lines cleaned out so I can start stocking a couple kegs again for the winter season. My high school daughter had a couple friends over on Friday night, and they hung out by the pool and outdoor kitchen. It was the first time it crossed my mind to add some tap-locks to the kegs. I'm not sure what to do, I trust my daughter very much, but I don't want to be the parent/house that some kid was drinking at, and I had no idea.... It's a fine line between parenting and trust of your kids.... Thoughts?

mapleleaf
09-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Scott, gonna ask my buddies in the beer ind. Some brew, some clean lines...Wondering if a discreet shut off might solve your potential troubles.....I would say it's def. not your daughter you need to worry about.......BTW nice repair on your surf board.......

Mani
09-19-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm with Maple. I'd go for a discreet method that doesn't spell out "DON'T DRINK MY BEER". If I remember highschool correctly, my parents never worried about me. They worried about my idiot "friends".

How about a hidden shut off valve. Not like a valve in a locked compartment, just out of view where they'd really have to search to find it.

Okie, I'm going to take your word for it and try to brine next time.

Okie Boarder
09-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Mani,

If you need any tips or have questions, let me know.

Scott,

I would suggest something discreet, as well. Just do some sort of basic shut off in a place where it would never be found.

I've been slacking on pictures, but here's some...

Last weekend we did a couple chickens on the charcoal, indirect and brined. As always, they turned out awesome. Tried a couple new beers some friends brought over, also. In-Heat and Battered Boar are the brands...both Hefeweizen.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_9619_resized.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_9617_resized.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_9618_resized.jpg

This weekend, we did my family's famous teriyaki steak (You can see it marinating in the background). I forgot to take pictures while grilling, but we grilled it on the charcoal, direct. We also grilled veggies in the wok. Of course, I topped it all off with a couple Newcastles.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_9630_resized.jpg

mapleleaf
09-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Best advice I could get today on the tap lock was exactly that, A lock that you install on the tap. Available through any online draft service company. Not sure it was what you were thinking about Scott. Def. not very discreet.......

ScottnAz
09-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Man Okie, those look like some beer slushies :) How'd those Hefe's taste? I'll have to keep an eye out for them

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm not sure there is much out there other than the tap locks that Maple suggested:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/23-41.jpg

With a teenager in the house, I don't have much choice. Like you guys have said, it's not a matter of trusting my daughter, it's the other kids. Heck, when I was in high school, I would have full-blown kegger parties. When I knew my parents would be out of town for the weekend (which was every weekend during football season), my buddies and I would pass out flyers, find a way to buy a couple kegs and charge at the door/gate. I would stick my 9 and 11 year old brothers working the door collecting the cash, and my 13 year old sister walking around with a pitcher of beer to re-fill drinks. When the kegs went dry, I'd collect cash from everyone at the party to buy another keg, then kick them all out and drink the new keg with my buddies. It was totally wrong, I know. :)
Other times, we'd get some hard liquor to mix with our Dr. P's from friends houses' and refill the bottles with water before putting the bottle back in the liquor cabinet. Man, I was a hellian.....

mapleleaf
09-21-2010, 07:40 AM
ditto to that last paragraph......

Okie Boarder
09-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Scott,

Yeah, the frosted mug and cold beer together slushed them up right after the pour...LOL! I had to let them sit for a couple minutes for the slush to disappear, but man they were nice and cold. The Hefe's were pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Hefe's normally. I've tried the Battered Boar Amber too and that one is rrrrreally good.

I was talkin to my wife last night about your dilemma. Our boys aren't super far behind and we may have to deal with something similar. She and I both agreed that maybe sitting down and talking to the kids about why we're locking up a beer tap or liquor cabinet would be a good approach. Maybe something to think about with your daughter. Help her understand that you don't want her to be faced with the decision of the peer pressure and having to tell her friends no when they want to imbibe around your house with stuff you have sitting around. Instead you're making it easier for her by bein the "bad guy" and just locking it up. You're also protecting her from being faced with the choice of being cool to her friends or obeying her parent's rules. Not trying to tell you what to do, but I thought it might be helpful to hear a perspective on it.

Okie Boarder
09-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Here's a few more...

Another pork shoulder all done cooking...notice the shoulder bone seperated from the meat? That bone usually slides right out, clean as a whistle when the pork is done.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_3239_resized.jpg

Behold the Bacon Explosion. Here are a couple pictures of two different filling configurations I used.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_3237_resized.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_3236_resized.jpg

The finished products...

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_3238_resized.jpg

Okie Boarder
09-21-2010, 03:33 PM
The full spread...pulled pork and bacon explosion.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_3241_resized.jpg

sybrmike
09-21-2010, 05:42 PM
O.k. - I have no idea what's in that there bacon explosion (can't tell from the pics), but it sounds & looks great. I think my heart skipped a beat - probably just my arteries reacting out of shear terror at the sight of all that yummy pork.

How's about a recipe please...

Okie Boarder
09-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Here's the recipe (http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/)

sybrmike
09-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks. Time to hit the grocery store for a manly pork weekend.

Okie Boarder
09-24-2010, 09:32 AM
sybr,

Let me know if you have any questions trying it out...be sure to take some pics along the way and let us know what you think.

I'm going to be doing more of a grilling session Saturday, although I'll do a little indirect of the appetizers. We're planning to cook some stuffed jalapenos and tomatoes for snacks. Then we're doing some marinaded chicken breasts and some "hobo veggie packs" on the grill. Should be good! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

sybrmike
09-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Gonna hafta postpone the pork weekend till later - headed outta town Sun - Wed for work. Are those green onions or jalapenos in the second filling? When I get a chance to try it, I'll def take pics along the way.

Didn't think of the camera last night - simple lemon peppered kingfish from the last trip offshore. Definitely needed the wire rack fish holder - king tends to fall apart pretty easy.

Okie Boarder
09-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Those are jalapenos. You can put just about anything in there for extra flavoring. You can see that one just has cheddar and the bbq sauce. The other has jack cheese, jalapenos and bbq.

tg0824SSVGG
09-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Mmmm -- fatties! ANd that pork butt looks great!

The butt I cooked a few weeks ago and froze was a HUGE hit at Lake Powell last
week.

Pork fat RULES!

Okie Boarder
10-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Here's a couple ribeyes we did a couple weeks ago, along with a Briar Patch Amber Ale. I didn't get a picture of them done. I like doing a thick ribeye on the charcoal with some simple seasonings and grill at at high temperature for just 6-8 minutes per side (depending on thickness).

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/IMG_9602_resized.jpg

Stuffed jalapenos and tomatoes. Man, these turned out so good!

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/Picture009_resized.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/Picture010_resized.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/Picture012_resized.jpg

Okie Boarder
10-03-2010, 01:10 PM
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/Picture014_resized.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/Picture013_resized.jpg

Here are the potatoes we mixed up for the "Hobo Packs". We did some onion, green and red peppers along with them. Seasoned them and soaked them in some burgundy wine, italian dressing and olive oil. I cooked about 1-2 servings per foil pack with a little butter added.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/Picture004_resized.jpg

Had some Sam Adams Oktoberfest this time.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/CAOKIE/Picture005_resized.jpg

My apologies for the picture rotation. I tried several times to rotate and save or upload them again and nothing would work.

Okie Boarder
10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
We did some carne asada last night...didn't get any pictures. We did a recipe we found online. I still haven't found carne asada as good as what we used to get in CA. Anyone have a good recipe to try?

tg0824SSVGG
10-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Getting ready for the big feed today:

All my kids (except for 2) and all the grandkids are over.

Been busy - just waiting for the ribs to finish.

3 racks on the way in:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs186.ash2/44958_1638160679046_1387647550_1670368_1817199_n.j pg

Some brined chicken strips and vidalia onions:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs008.ash2/33753_1638328083231_1387647550_1670852_2332971_n.j pg

Chicken finished FAST (these are small strips)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs021.ash2/34424_1638426965703_1387647550_1671048_1213914_n.j pg

Brownies, cornbread and salad -- just waiting for the ribs now:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs904.snc4/71758_1638545728672_1387647550_1671309_5778559_n.j pg

tg0824SSVGG
10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
All set - man these are YUMMY:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs245.snc4/39573_1638650451290_1387647550_1671455_4764738_n.j pg

brack
10-17-2010, 11:15 PM
small sample from this weekend !!!

ScottnAz
12-27-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm sorry i've been away from this thread for so long.......

It's been a while since I cooked up some good ribs (had a bunch of flare-ups lately)
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-51.jpg

And, of course, I washed it down with just a couple of beers....
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-54.jpg

All while watching pop's game
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-53.jpg

4:45 AM, here I come!!!

ScottnAz
12-27-2010, 11:23 PM
@ Mani,
Thanks for the last package. The wing sauce was really gooooood!!, as was the Shiner Bock. Thank you!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0759.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-49.jpg

I've got a package headed your way this week
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-52.jpg

From left to right;

Pappy's Moonshine Madness.... "So Friggin' hot you'll go blind!!"..... Seriously
Arizona Gunslinger...... throw out the Tobasco, this is so much better.... plus it's from AZ!
Phoenix Wing Sauce..... this is my favorite wing/bbq sauce of all...... spicy, with just the perfect amount of sweet
Smokey Mountain Spicy BBQ Seaoning..... a seasoning Lorrie has turned us on to for everything from meat to soups
Pineapple Head..... a great seasoning for chicken and pork, although, we've been putting it on potatoes too, lately.
Bovine Bold...... a great all-around seasoning i've been putting on steak, ribs, bbq beans, green beans, etc.

Okie Boarder
12-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Scott,

Looking good. You could be starting a very dangerous trend showing empties.

87SunSportMikeyD
12-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Awesome you guys are sendin each other stuff now that so kicks!!!!

sybrmike
12-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Drew a high number in the Chinese gift exchange & ended up with my sister-in-law's rural town Czech meat market sampler.

On the grill tonight - cornbread stuffed chicken breast, 2 rattlesnake eggs (jalapeno stuffed with sausage & cream cheese, bacon wrapped), and stuffed sirloin (cheese, jalapeno, bacon wrapped). Veggie skewers complimented nicely. Didn't waste a pic on the Bud Light.

Still have a stuffed pork chop and 2 armadillo eggs (rattlesnakes sans the jalapeno) for this weekend. I guess in-laws aren't all bad...

Okie Boarder
12-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Looks good sybr. My in-laws brought us a hind quarter of deer. We cooked up a small roast while they were here and have tons of strip and chops for cooking later. I'll have to make sure I add some pics of the deer when I cook it. I have to download the camera and add some photos from the holidays on the other thread.

Mani
01-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Can't wait. I'm glad you're enjoying the goods. :D

Mani
01-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Looks good sybr. My in-laws brought us a hind quarter of deer. We cooked up a small roast while they were here and have tons of strip and chops for cooking later. I'll have to make sure I add some pics of the deer when I cook it. I have to download the camera and add some photos from the holidays on the other thread.

Sounds like a heck of a feast. I've started making everything with the Venison I harvested. Even hamburger helper.....

I know how it sounds, but "Venison Helper", as I like to call it, is delicious. :D

Mani
01-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Holy mackerel! I just got the spices in today and went ape on the grill. The pineapple head just blew me away. I can't thank you enough, Scott. This is a great assortment of spices, to say the least.

Pictures will follow. I'm still thinking about how amazing the pineapple head was.

Okie Boarder
01-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm doing a Venison chili tomorrow. Should be good! Also, a friend at work gave me a Venison Schnitzel recipe that I'm going to try pretty soon.

ScottnAz
01-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm telling ya, that Pineapple Head is just awesome!
Mani, you told me you like HOT, so let me know what you think of the Moonshine Madness. I put a couple tablespoons of that in some baked beans I was cooking, and they were on fire. Lorrie was pissed at me for that one! Of course, I had to "man-up" and eat most of the batch...... "these beans are nothin', now pass the sweat rag"
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii209/sljkn/sweatingsmiley.gif

Ok, time for a shameless plug for the BBQ Island (http://www.bbqislandinc.com/) store. I was fortunate enough to find this BBQ shop a couple miles from the house, and befriended the guys down there. It's a great group of guys.... Shelton, Mike, JT (fellow Supra owner and ex- Liquid Force rider), and the rest. It seems that every time I go in there, I'll throw a couple spices on the counter and they'll tell me about the "buy 3, get the 4th free" deal of the week, and of course, I'll have to find a couple more, and now have a stock pile of spices/sauces to last me years... But that won't stop me from going in there next week and seeing what's new on the shelves :)

ScottnAz
01-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Okie - chili..... sounds goooood.
It's been a while, probably time I made some. Of course, I don't have the "game" to match what you're making. :)

Mani
01-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Okay, this sounds a bit overzealous, but I put I used about a fifth of the bottle in one sitting. I was using it to dip my pork roast in. Pappy's is good stuff. Everything in that box was just unbelievable. Can't thank you enough Scott.

sallyliao
05-25-2011, 02:46 AM
If we do, we are building our "dream house" and putting in a pool and outdoor area like yours.

Rusty
05-27-2011, 05:38 PM
WHOA!! NOW THAT IS A BLONDE BEER!!! ANY GOOD?

There's a house for sale down the street.....:)

I stopped for some beer on the way home

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-46-8.jpg

Picked up some;
Samuel Adams Summer Ale
"Wheat Ale brewed with lemon zest and grains of Paradise"

Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy
"Beer with natural lemonade flavor"

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-47-2.jpg

Starting with the Leinenkugel's

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo-48-1.jpg

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
05-28-2011, 01:55 AM
Our first bottling run at my brewery...

Okie Boarder
05-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Looks good! Wish I could buy some from ya.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
07-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Thought would show our new seasonal ale that we are releasing next week.

www.highwaterbrewing.com/pom-cherry.php

It has turned out great. Belgian golden base with Pomegranite and Cherry's juice added during fermentation. Nice light and refreshing with a nice tartness.

ScottnAz
05-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Chicken, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, and Beer. Time to get Q'in!!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/photo-59.jpg

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
05-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Looks delicous!

ScottnAz
05-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Looks delicous!

Thanks SAL,
Not much better than some BBQ'n and Brews! How's your brewing?

ScottnAz
05-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Started with some chicken and spices in the Dutch oven....

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo1-3-1.jpg

Ended with shredded chicken sandwiches, corn, baked beans, and beer.....

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo1-3-2.jpg

And a few ribs for good measure....

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo2-28-1.jpg

Okie Boarder
05-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Nice. I've found a couple new beer favorites...

https://untappd.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/2012_04_01/4b84649a88af8c37a37c52257fe03c81_320x320.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B1gdAoYKcxw/S6zs2wubdBI/AAAAAAAAADA/XwQfos7sv1g/s1600/Boulevard+Bourbon+Barrel+Quad.JPG

There is a local brewery called Redbud brewing company that does a similar beer that I really like, too. It's only out once a year though and this year won't be until around Christmas.

ScottnAz
11-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Where'd you find those beers Okie? I doubt I'll find a limited release like that at bevmo......
Those look tasty!!

Weather has cooled down for some good outdoor cooking, anyone have anything going?

ScottnAz
11-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Gave my BBQ shop buddies a hand putting together and hanging a sign for their shop

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo1-4-2.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo2-29-1.jpg

Took payment in the form of Beer and BBQ cooking class taught by their BBQ Champion Cameron from Bam Bam's BBQ ( https://www.facebook.com/bambamsbbq )

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/woodwrangler/lake%20pictures/photo3-22-1.jpg

tg0824SSVGG
11-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Awesome Scott!