PDA

View Full Version : Ripped seats

Matt Laird
07-31-2010, 04:30 PM
I have a seam ripped on 2 vinyl seats, Would it be possible to remove the skin & hand sew the seam? Also what kind of thread & staples(stainless I assume should I use?

I just need it to last the rest of this season & I plan on having all new interior wit a color/theme change anyway...

jaywidhalm
07-31-2010, 07:20 PM
If you need it to just get you by for the rest of the season you could just get some upholstery seam repair glue. Only a couple bucks, would hold it together and keep it from spreading any further. Just a thought..would save you some time anyway...

Kip
07-31-2010, 10:59 PM
I had a guy that repaired interiors at car lots sew mine back up. He did them while they were still installed on the boat and charged me around $40. He sewed four seams about last June and only one is starting to come apart (close to 100 hrs and the one tearing out is on the ski locker that everyone climbs over).

I would ask at you local auto dealer and see if they know of anyone to help you out.

jet
08-01-2010, 09:45 AM
I want a picture of you sewing that back up. LMAO. What up Matt. How are you and Holly doing? We miss you man. Chad came out with my night time crew last week. Jet and Laura

Matt Laird
08-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I want a picture of you sewing that back up. LMAO. What up Matt. How are you and Holly doing? We miss you man. Chad came out with my night time crew last week. Jet and Laura

Life is good, I'm trying to get everyone to come up & spend a weekend @ our lake house... We plan on comming down for the labor day trip... May stay 1 night... Ill send you a pic thimble & all...

87SunSportMikeyD
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
How did that happen on your brand new baby??

Matt Laird
08-03-2010, 04:58 PM
She was in bad shape before I got it... Was a repo, setting outin the weather uncovered for over a year... I saved her & have replaced or repaired EVERYTHING already except the seats...