PDA

View Full Version : My stereo mods

08 sacked supra
07-31-2010, 09:57 PM
after finally having the time to post some pics thought i would share these ideas with everyone. with our stereo in our boat it sounds killer. we have marine powerbass speakers in the boat. its a component system with the tweater attached to the grill. the tower has 4 xm7s attached to it with the factrory roswell light bar modified. origionally the light bar had cans on them but my dad and i were crazy enough to chop them off. down below the driver is a custome sealed sub box that is made out of a special lightweight material that is lighter than a truck box. this material is actually waterproof. with the whole stereo setup we have 1000 watts runnin to the tower ( harpoon amp) 800 watts runnin to the sub and 500 runnin to the cabin speakers. with the setup we have the throtlebox nob on the tower as well as a fader on the tower. we also have a sub nob for my dad the geyser that cant find the hidden functions in the stereo lol.

http://s1030.photobucket.com/albums/y366/watson54321

08 sacked supra
07-31-2010, 10:12 PM
now that i finally have time to post some pictures i thought i would share the mods with everyone. in the cabin is powerbass components with the tweater attached to the grill. up on the tower is 4 xm7s with the factory roswell light bar choppede. it origionally came with cans attached to the light bar but my dad and i were crazy enough to chop them off.down below the driver is a custome lightweight sub box that is made out of special material that is waterproof. 2300 watts of power total.

warek1814
08-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Wow you guy's chopped up a rosswell light bar and speaker can combo. I sold mine for $700.00 and it was in need of a good polishing. I put the $700 towards my Wet Sounds three some. You could have sold the combo and bought a light bar and still had money left.

ScottnAz
08-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Sounds pretty cool, but I'll be honest, I don't really know what I'm looking at in the photo

warek1814
08-01-2010, 11:27 PM
^^LOL trailer bunks on the left side of the pic. Trailer frame rail in the middle of the pic and a fender on the right.

dusty2221
08-02-2010, 09:30 AM
And I'm guesing runway lights on the trailer?

I thought this was gonna be stereo pics?

ScottnAz
08-02-2010, 10:31 AM
I thought this was gonna be stereo pics?
My thoughts exactly. I stared at that picture forever trying to make out the tower speakers or light bar, or custom box with special materials....... then gave up
It all sounds cool, but we need pictures....c'mon, show it off!

saltare inverts
08-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Oh good. I thought I was insane, couldn't make out pics of stereo either.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Good looking wave you've got there. I merged your two threads (duplicates) and your video links are now in the top post, sorry. Try to point the board right at the back of the boat. Get your toes a little closer to the toeside edge of the board and it will start to track properly and it wont be so squirelly. Lets see the boat!

castin
02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Did you have to upgrade the alternator to add the second battery?

SZEH
02-04-2011, 03:51 PM
NICE LOOKING INSTALL! (I'm yelling because it looks like it'll crank and you might have it on)