PDA

View Full Version : Considering purchasing an older Supra

squeezer
08-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Hello all,

My name is Chris and I am from Portland Oregon. Grew up water skiing and took up wake boarding as well what seems like allot of years ago. We have owned and loved a Laveycraft for 14 years and would have gladly owned it for another 14 until we tried wake surfing... I am now looking for a boat that surfs well, boards well and skis well. Not all that hard to find except I really don't like open bow boats... Our Lavey has a very usable open area under the front deck and i don't want to give up that kind of space. Great storage and enough room to stretch out in out of the sun when you want. Not enough headroom to call it a cuddy but a great space none the less. After a bit of research I am targeting at a Pirata or Bravura. Can anybody who owns either of these boats comment on:

The ski wake?
The size if the cuddy? (can a person lay down in the Bravura?)
Any other thoughts a prospective owner could benefit from?

Cheers

Chris

DintyMo
08-02-2010, 09:05 AM
How old? Does it have integrated fat sacks?

squeezer
08-02-2010, 02:54 PM
I have not even found a boat yet...

Just looking for information about the different Supra's from the late 80's and early 90's.

Would love to take out a Pirata and a Bravura side by side but thats not easily done... :-) Feedback from owners here will help me make an informed purchase.

Cheers

Chris

wotan2525
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
The only thing I would be certain of if I was to purchase another one is to get something 92+ with fiberglass stringers. The wood stringers in the 80s Supras are a nightmare and I've yet to see an original one that does not have signs of some kind of rotting near the engine mounts.....

87SunSportMikeyD
08-03-2010, 05:57 PM
squeeze they are the exact same hull so the wake should be just like the SunSport or Saltare. These boats do come with a good sized bimini top for shade. The open bow models also have very large storage space under the seating area. Under my open bow I have an anchor, 10 life jackets, 800lbs ballast, extra pumps and hose, fenders/bumpers, jumpoer cables and tools... TONS of space. Best of luck and check the motor mounts. Look for one with a perfect original interior and vinyl.