PDA

View Full Version : Water Leak - 2004 Comp LTS

NexTnmE
08-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I have been noticing a lot of water in the bottom of my 2004 Supra Comp LTS the past few days... so I thought that the packing nut was too loose. But after checking, the packing nut was fine.

It appears that under load, there is a considerable leak coming from the bow area. I cannot trace it up far enough, because the ski locker is in the way. It is not coming from inside the ski locker/bilge area.

There are two hoses which I believe are going to the heater, in front of the drivers side kick panel, but cannot verify. This is the only water source I can think of that is up that far in the bow.

Please help!

Sluggo
08-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Crimp the hose or cut off water supply to the heater core and see if it stops. Usually though that kind of leak comes out over the floor and you notice the warm water under your feet. Is the water warm? Any balast up front that could be emptying/leaking while under load?

NexTnmE
08-01-2010, 09:50 PM
I will try the hose trick tomorrow.

But the water is not coming over the floor, it seems to be coming directly down the center of the hull, from underneith the ski locker.

I will also see if it is warm.

Thanks for the reply!

jzelt
08-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Ours was coming in thru the bow eye hook. To verify, we put some weight up front (open bow) and went thru some wakes so it would go over the eye and sure enough, a stream would trickle down the ski locker. Get the eye out of the water and nothing would show coming in. Used 5200 to re-seal around it and nothing since.

fastab
08-02-2010, 11:48 PM
If you have a heater in the boat, the heater core could be leaking or the lines as stated. You can also get to the lines on the motor some units actually have a valve to shut the flow off, it would be best to crimp them off at the motor so that you stop the flow at the source as the leak may still happen if you crimp them close to the heater. If you are in a cold climate the heater core will freeze and split before anything else. Have seen lots this last fall and spring.

wakejmpr
08-02-2010, 11:56 PM
I have an 07 launch. Had to reseal my docking light metal bezles. Under weight the bow would sink during driving over wake and other chop and leaked like crazy. A little marine rtv and good to go. I would check that if all Other options have been exhausted.